Chapter 7: Friend & Studying

I start to grab my things and Brandon gets my attention. "So Darius, what are you doing tonight?" I look at him a bit confused, "uhm nothing much, I might just study some and go to bed. My roommate isn't talking to me right now so, yeah." He pats my shoulder, "I'm sorry, but if you want to come to my dorm we can study together." I smile at him, "that sounds great Brandon, how about I give you my number so you can text me when you want me to come over." He nods and I write my number on a piece of paper and hand it to him before gathering the rest of my things.

He smiles as we both begin to walk out of the classroom, but before we can exit the classroom the professor stops me. "Mr. Snow do you mind giving me a moment of your time?" Brandon nods to the professor, "I'll text you later Darius." "Alright, see you later Brandon." He smiles before leaving the room, leaving just me and the professor. "Mr. Snow I know it's gonna be hard just carrying your magic item around, especially since it is a dagger." I look to the blade that lays in my hand, "yeah it's gonna be a little difficult." He nods then hands me a baby blue sheath, "this is a sheath specifically made for that dagger. It has ice magic made into every stitch." I smile at the professor then attach it to my hip. I slide the dagger into its new holster then thank the professor. He smiles then says, "now go on, and remember tomorrow the real work begins."

I look at the professor then say, "Speaking of tomorrow, what are we gonna be doing?" He smiles, "well tomorrow the class will be seperated into the fighting classes they chose and start their fighting training. Magic training is every other day, so the physical fighting training will be on the opposite days as magic days." I nod, "ok so tomorrow I'll be split up from people that I know." He nods, "but no worries Mr. Snow you will make friends, I get a good feeling about you." I smiled at the professor before finally exiting the classroom.

I walk out of the building and start my way back to the dormitory. I won't lie, I'm a bit excited to meet up with Brandon after class. I stroll through the main part of the dormitory and directly up to my room. I opened the door and was shocked to see Austin sitting at his desk. He looks at me then turns back to the books that are strolled out on his desk. I look down, still disappointed that I even told him my real last name. I don't say a word as I walk up to my bed area and change into some comfy clothes before sitting down at my desk and pulling out some of my books.

As I sit there reading through today's notes, my phone chimes with a notification. "Hey Darius it's Brandon, my roommate said it was cool for you to come on up at any time, as long as it's not too late." I smile at the message then quickly gather my books, as I text him back. "Alright I'll be there in a minute just send your dorm number." Before I leave I grab my sheathed dagger and put it on my hip before walking out the door with all of my things. As I walk out I swear I hear Austin say something but It's too low for me to catch, so I poke my head back into the room. "Did you say something?" He looks at me and rubs the back of his neck, "yeah, be careful please." I smile as he speaks to me for the first time after the reveal of my true name. "I will and when I come back can we please talk?" Instead of speaking he just nods before going back to his books.

With a smile on my face I finally decided to get going once again. While I spoke with Austin, Brandon had texted me his dorm number. I walk up the staircase then make my way down the hall a short distance until I'm at the door. I knock on the door and almost immediately the door opens and Brandon is standing on the other side. "Come on in Darius, make yourself at home." I step into the dorm that looks almost identical to my dorm, except that instead of half the room being red it's brown. While looking at the room another accented voice comes from the brown side of the room. "Well hello there." I quickly look in the direction and see a saber-wolf anthro. He's wearing a cowboy hat and sporting a tank top with a colorful design.

I smile at the saber-wolf, "hello, you must be Brandon's roommate? I'm Darius his classmate from ice magic." He nods then approaches me, "yeah he told me about you, I'm Demetrey, Brandon's roommate. I'm a earth user, it's a pleasure to meet you." He holds out his hand and I slowly take it thinking we are about to shake hands. Instead he gingerly leans down and kisses the top of my furred hand. "Brandon, how come you didn't warn me that he was such a looker." I look at Demetry shocked, "uhm what did you call me?" He smiles a seductive smile, "a looker, as in your looking really cute to me." I blush madly, "oh, well thank you for that." He smiles and Brandon quickly interrupts, "Ok let's go get some studying out of the way."

As Brandon drags me over to his desk I can't help but look over my shoulder to catch Demetrey staring at me with a lustful look. Eventually I stop looking over my shoulder and begin to focus on Brandon. "So hey are you prepared for tomorrow?" He looks at me and asks, I take a gulp of air before responding. "Uhm honestly I don't know. I've never fought or even trained in fighting before so this will be all new to me." He smiles well look on the bright side, your item is a weapon to so it's like killing two birds with one stone." I look to the blade that rests in its sheath on my side, "yeah your right." He nods as we then pull out our notebooks and start reviewing notes.

While we sit there studying and asking several questions related to the notes, a particular question comes to mind. "Hey Brandon, if you don't mind me asking what kind of fighting style do you use?" He smiles at me, "well probably the same as you considering where both ice magic users." I bite my lower lip while my nerves begin to come into play. " I don't know about that? The professor said that I chose a peculiar one considering my magic." Brandon nods then says, "well I'm a shield, I thought it would be a great idea to double down on defenses." I nod then say, "yeah we're different styles alright, I'm in the assasin class." He looks at me a bit confused, "why did you choose that one?" I shrug, "I don't know honestly, at the time I thought of it in a weird way. Like why go to battle with two shields or two swords, when you could have a sword and shield." He smiles, yeah that does sound pretty cool.''

After a while we noticed that it was getting late so I packed up my things. "It's getting pretty late, and I don't want to worry my roommate." Brandon nods, "oh of course, I understand." I smile as I begin to walk towards the front door, but before I could open the door Demetrey rushes over to open it for me. "A cutie like you should never have to open the door for himself." I blush at that once again, "well thank you Demetrey. I'll see you around too?" He smiles, "you damn right you will." I blush again before walking out and directly towards my room once again.

Before I open the door to my room I stop and remember asking Austin to talk. I know what I want to talk to him about and honestly I'm terrified of what he is going to say. I steel myself the best I can before eventually gathering the courage up just enough to walk into my own room.