Chapter 6: Icy Item

The entire class stays seated with our breath held as the door to the room opens. In walks a few anthros pushing carts with different items. The first item on the cart was a small light blue pendant that has a chain connecting to it. The pendant necklace glowed for a moment before the professor picked it up and walked over to each and everyone of us. He gets to me and the pendant does nothing so he steps over to Brandon.

The pendant glows bright as the professor brings the pendant closer and closer to Brandon. The professor nods then hands the pendant to Brandon. "The pendant has chosen you to be the one to carry it. Brandon smiles and immediately puts the pendant around his furred neck. He smiles at me and I hold a single pawed thumb up along with a smile. "I'm happy for you Brandon." He smiles then looks back up to the front of the class where another cart comes in.

On this cart was just a crystal ball. Like before the professor walks it around, but this time it glows for a person in one of the rows in front of me. I smile for them, genuinely happy for them. With each item a bit of anxiety begins to well up inside me. One after another cart comes and goes and items are choosing people left and right, but not me.

At the end I was the last person that wasn't chosen by the items. My worry has began to really settled into my body as my fingers tremble in fear. It only got worse when the professor asks me to come sit in his seat. I take a gulp of air and take the walk of shame to his chair. "Mr. Snow please take a seat in my chair, this will be a lot easier on me to walk the item to you this way." I nod to him as another cart begins to come in.

Before the cart can even enter the room a bright light blue light emanates from the item. It's so bright that I can't even make out what the item is. All of a sudden the item that is emitting the bright light darts to me, and for some odd reason I'm not scared. When it gets to a centimeter from my eye I snatch it from the air. The glow dies down and everyone is shocked to see a baby blue dagger with its tip nearly in my eye.

"Interesting, I never thought that this little item would ever find it's master. It's been at this school for generations and never chooses anyone." I look at the icy blue dagger then back at the professor. "Really it waited all that time for me?" He nods with a smile, "that dagger has spent several generations without someone wielding it and as I said it's very picky with who gets to wield it. I smile down at the dagger then say, "well I hope I make you proud." Almost like the dagger was speaking to me it glowed twice before calming back down.

The professor smiles at me then looks to the other students, "now students since we have our items, we will be dismissed and tomorrow the real fun begins. I look at Brandon and he seems really excited and so do I.