Looking Between The Lines

It's now 7am in the morning. Marcus and Isabelle are awake. They're in the kitchen discussing what they're going to do while Marcus prepares breakfast.

"So we're going to that candy shop, right?" Isabelle asked as she sipped on her green tea. "Mhm, but out of all places why give a candy shop business card?" Marcus asked.

"I don't know, but it is suspicious don't you think." Isabelle said. "It is." Marcus said as he gave Isabelle her breakfast. "Thanks." Isabelle said with a warm smile.

They took 10 minutes to finish breakfast and they got changed to go to the location.

What Isabelle wore :

What Marcus wore :

"Uhm you ready....?" asked Marcus. "Yea lets go." Isabelle said. Isabelle got into the car and so did Marcus, he turned on the GPS in his car and started driving.

"I really hope they're okay..." said Isabelle. "Me too." said Marcus

After about an hour and a half they reached the destination.
It was 9am right now.

It was indeed a candy shop.

It was a single building, with a home on the top and an alleyway behind it

They entered the candy shop and it looks very normal. Nothing out of the ordinary.
"Hello ma'am and sir how may I help you?" asked the owner.

"Uh hello, we would like to know if these people were here by any chance?" Isabelle asked as she showed pictures or Ariana and Liam.

"Oh I remember these two, they came here quite late about 11:30pm. We were closed but they looked drunk and we're constantly knocking on the door." said the shop owner.

"Was the shop closed and if it was how would you have seen them?" asked Marcus. "Sir I live in the apartment upstairs, so I heard the noise and looked out the window. Also..." she said as she went to fetch something. "Would this belong to one of the people you are looking for?" she asked as she grabbed a torn white tie.

"W-Where did you find that?" asked Marcus. "It was outside the shop next to the garbage." said the lady. "T-That's Liams..." said Marcus and Isabelle supportively put her hand on his arm.

"Miss are these business cards yours by any chance?" Isabelle asked as she pulled out a few. "No they're not, in fact I never had any business cards." Marcus and Isabelle glanced at each other.

"Ma'am do you mind if we investigate behind your shop?" Marcus asked. "I don't mind, but please be careful there has been a lot of noises from there lately."

"Noises?" thought Marcus. "Okay thank you so much for your help!" Isabelle said. "No problem dear." the lady said. "Marcus was zoned out, thinking to himself so Isabelle grabbed his hand and pulled him outside."

It was now 9:45am.
"Come on Marcus." Isabelle said as she carefully walked towards the back of the shop. Isabelle and Marcus were looking for any little details that could help them.

Suddenly Isabelle tripped on a rock, but Marcus quickly grabbed her waist and pulled her closer to him. Their faces were so close right now...

"T-Thank you." Isabelle said as she pulled away, blushing. "Watch where you're going kitten." said Marcus.

They reached the end of the alley... Nothing was found. As they were turning around to leave a note came down and landed onto the floor.

It said :

The two detectives are looking for for their siblings huh?
Well we have them, but in order to get them back we need something.
5 million dollars in cash. If we don't get our money in 4 days you and your siblings will suffer dire consequences. Once you have the money go to the **** bar and you'll find our address there where you'll give us our money. Oh and one last thing, try anything smart with us and you'll witness everything before you die.
Anonymous

"WAIT WHAT!" Marcus's shouted. Isabelle looked at the note in shock. "They were being held for ransom this entire time!" Isabelle said.

"We're going home now Isabelle, we're going to find a way to get them back." Marcus said furiously as he grabbed Isabelles hand and took her to the car.