𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁

➶➶➶➶➶ ☆ ➷➷➷➷➷

Y/N's POV:

I swore under my breath when Myungho hung up on me. 

Myungho's dad had tried to call Jaeyun, who had answered with a simple, "We're at the hospital but things are hectic so I have to go," before hanging up.

The way Jaeyun had looked at me told me that Myungho's dad might not have been a nice person. The brief glimpse of the bruises I'd caught on Myungho's abdomen when he'd impulsively come over and admitted everything to me came to mind.

I didn't know what to do, but I was scared that if I didn't find Myungho or somehow talk him out of whatever he was planning on doing, that it wouldn't be something he could simply walk away from.

"Moon Jaehwa-ssi?" called a doctor wearing scrubs, clearly having just come out of surgery.

Jaeyun and I hurried over, as did Yungyu, and we stood around as the doctor spoke to Jaeyun's parents. 

"Your son had already lost a lot of blood before he was brought here, though our main concern was the proximity of the wound to his innominate artery, and the likelihood of sepsis. That being said, the surgery was a success, though due to his compromised immune system, I will not be allowing visitation until he is more stable."

Breathing out a long and deep sigh of relief, I gripped Jaeyun's shoulder when he seemed to sway a little. He looked like he could finally breathe properly after running a marathon.

"When he is well enough, I will be referring him for physiotherapy to ensure his arm does not atrophy, though," concluded the doctor, with a smile, "I am confident your son will make a full recovery."

I smiled as Seungheon's mum cried tears of joy onto her husband's shoulder and let Jaeyun sweep me into a tight hug.

"Uh, guys? I hate to be that girl," came Heiko's voice. We turned around to see her holding Ahyeon's hand. So caught up with Seungheon's good news, I hadn't even noticed they were behind us.

Kyungmin was still with Jungnam sitting against the wall.

"We're super happy that Seungie's all right, but what about Yoonsung and Yeonseok?"

I hadn't wanted to think about that just yet. 

The doctor sighed but spoke after looking at their parents. "I spoke with the doctors in charge of your sons, Mr. and Mrs Cho, Mr. and Mrs. Heo, and the concerns surrounding their injuries are quite different. Both of them suffered severe traumas. We've had to put Yoonsung into an induced coma following his cardiac arrest. And Yeonseok, as you know Heo-ssi, is undergoing a ventriculostomy for the cerebral edema. He's still in surgery. I won't go into details, though their assigned doctors will make their way here the moment they are done to notify you of the results."

The doctor bowed and left. Everyone was silent for a moment until we all broke off into quiet, dimmed conversation. Even though the news could've been a lot worse, and Seungheon's outcome was a relief, it was hard to feel celebratory yet. 

"Does anyone know what happened to Changhoon's teammate?" Yungyu asked.

"I shoved him back when he tried to run off," said Jungnam, joining things for the first time as he came over with Kyungmin. "So he tried to run the other way but tripped over a rock and messed up his ankle." He scowled at the ground, his eyes glossy. "That asshole gets a little fracture whilst Yeonseok is in there getting fluid drained from his brain for saving his sister."