71

[3RD POV]

No one said anything, but everyone knows what their answers are.

They want to know.

Joker can't hide her smirk. It's a knowledge that she's grateful to know, despite detesting her gift. Pasimpleng napalunok nang malalim si Law, hindi nawawala ang tingin sa kaharap. He had the courage to talk, even though he knows that it will feed Joker's ego.

"Yes . . . " Hindi siya umiwas ng tingin, bagkus punong-puno pa ng katanungan ang mga mata niya. "Tell us, tell us about the Judge."

Curiosity to a being that is unknown, to a being that they didn't know existed, to a being that they haven't met.

"Very well, I'll first tell you a fairytale," Joker started. "A forbidden love, that started it all."

Joker made it sound like it was really a fairytale. Pero sa loob ng isipan niya, ibang ang nasa imahinasyon niya.

"Three decades ago, a Portugal stood at the top of the Gifteds," ani Joker.

Naningkit ang mga mata ni August. "It's Principal Bora, right?" nagtatakang tanong niya.

Nakangising inangat ni Joker ang hintuturo niya at iginalaw ito. "Close, but no."

A portrait of a woman, with a long layered red hair. Joker's imagination of her moves in stop motion, as if it's really a picture book for kids.

"It was his first child, his daughter— Acidalia Ven Portugal. Also known as his favorite child." Bilog na bilog ang mga mata ni Joker habang nagkekwento, ang dalawang dulo ng labi niya ay hindi bumababa.

"Other than the great Principal Helena, Acidalia was the only other woman I purely admired."

They are all intrigued, hearing new information. Acidalia was someone they've never heard of. Even August, who was Helena's secretary, or even Law, who has a close connection to the Portugals through Helena and Scarlet.

Joker imagined Acidalia. Eyes with a same color of a gem, pinkish red like ruby, beauty that par a Goddess that suits the meaning of her name well, Aphrodite. She resembles her late mother so much. Attitude that is so bright, brains that exceeds to everyone. She's not just the strongest woman in her generation, she's the strongest gifted.

"Acidalia was a beast. She can split the sky with her bare hands, can tame savages with a look from her eyes, and can speak to souls with the breathe from her mouth." Joker's look changed. "So, it was no wonder. A beast can attract other beasts as well."

Another reflection popped in her mind. This time, it was a man. A man with a long black hair with golden eyes that can penetrate anyone. Two moles under his left eye, lips with a shade of cranberry. 

"Cruxian Le Saloer," may pait na pagbigkas ni Joker sa isang pangalan. "The greatest criminal of his generation, the one who ruled the Underground Association for three decades."

Tila bumigat ang tensyon, biglaang kumulog at bumagsak ang ulan kahit walang senyales ng ambon. Rinig na rinig ang pagbagsak ng mga ulan sa kalesa, pigil hininga ang mga nakikinig. Napasinghap si Law, namimilog ang mga mata.

"O-Oi, oi. Don't tell me . . ."

Joker's smirk confirmed his suspicion. 

"Indeed, the two beasts of their century— the two strongest gifted in their time, both fell in love at each other." She then chuckled. "Ironic, right? Acidalia was the next in line to be the successor of her father, but she fell in love with their greatest nemesis."