27

[Cleofa]

Hindi ako nakaimik, mabilis na nanliit ang tingin ko sa sarili ko.

Eli showed a grin, amused.

"Your gift, is not as strong as you think," nakangising aniya.

"And why the fuck we will believe you?! Cronus' gifts are the strongest among all of gifts!" giit ni Risca.

Pinagtaasan kami ng kanang kilay ng babaeng kaharap namin. "You don't have to if you don't want to believe... but what I'm stating is facts, for the smartest person in the world was the one who told us this."

Pasimpleng naningkit ang mga mata ko. Smartest... person?

"The time manipulation." Using her gift, Eli touched and turned the branch closest to her into a liquid, she then shaped it into a clock. "The more you turn time back or move it to the future, the more you'll lose control of it."

Pumasok sa isip ko si Helena...

"Ability destroyer." Law's faced popped in my mind. "The stronger gifts you cancel, and the bigger the objects you destroy, the more you'll damage your body," Eli scoffed. "A destroyer indeed."

Nagtama ang mga tingin namin. "And lastly, the ability adoption."

"The stronger the gifts you adopt... and the stronger it's connection to the gifted... the more you'll damage your eyes."

I felt the chills down my spine. Her words and voice... is enough to intimidate me.

Alam ko... na may hangganan ang pag-adopt ko ng gift. Katulad noon ng nangyari kay Helena. In-adopt ko ang gift niya... at kinontrol ang oras.

Kapalit n'on ay ang mata ko...

Humigpit ang pagkasasara ng kamao ko at mariin akong napakagat sa ibabang labi.

But the connection thing, ngayon ko lang 'yon nalaman! Kung gaano kalakas ang koneksyon ng gift sa gifted, ay gano'n din kahirap kong maia-adopt ito?

Fuck... just who is this smartest person that told them our weaknesses?!

"Where's our thanks? We just gave you some information." Eli laughed. "But then again..." Tumalim ang tingin niya sa akin.

"We, who can control our gifts to the fullest and underwent leveling... we, who used our gifts more than a decade now..."

"Have nothing to fear, losing our gifts from you, Heiress Cronus, who has the gift of Ability adoption."

Pare-parehong nagsitalim ang mga mata ng kasama ko at napaismid. Unti-unting bumaba ang tingin ko at nagsimulang magdilim ang paningin ko. I'm lost for words... 

I can't fully adopt their gifts... huh.

And if I could, I can't control it well and my eyes will bleed.

But... I don't have any choice, right?

It's for our survival-

"What the fuck do you think of us?"

Kusa akong natigilan sa pag-iisip at umangat ang tingin ko sa nagsalita. Matalim ang tingin ni Risca sa harapan at nananatiling alerto.

"We're heir and heiress too! You're not the only gifted here!" giit niya.

I was taken aback by what she said, stunned.

"I'm an heir of Zeus too, Cleofa. I know that we got a little bit at ease because we have you, an heiress of Cronus by our side... but we won't use your gift if it will greatly affect you," dagdag ni Alvis.