67

[Eslin]

Ahh, I almost lost it and nearly killed him. I was thinking of a way to end this fight without killing him. I mean, look at him, he's just a child!

I clicked my tongue. Pero inuubos niya ang pasensya ko.

It's against my principles to kill a child. Yes, it's stupidity. But I know myself that as long as I can handle the situation, I won't kill a youngster in a fight. Maybe break a limb or two, but I won't kill them if not needed.

It's not like I pity them. . . but I'm giving them a second chance. But if they waste that chancesometimes. . . eating fresh meat is good too.

This child is a narcissist, but he have the skills to back up his delusions.

Marahan akong nakakapit sa dingding, nakahalo sa dilim. Bilog na bilog ang mga matang pinapanood ang batang katapat ko na hinahanap kung nasaan ako. Kusang lumalabas ang dila kong putol ang dulo na parang sa ahas, habang patagong nagmamasid.

However, he's still not good enough.

"DON'T CHEAT! FACE ME FAIR AND SQUARE!" he shouted, roaming his eyes around. "DON'T OVERESTIMATE YOURSELF BECAUSE YOU HAVE A TITLE!" 

I can see his jaw clenching from my location. I clicked my tongue. It's not like I wanted that title, you idiot. It's not like I told the people to talk about me. I didn't want their attention.

They made me, letting the Generation of Prodigies slip through my hands a big deal. They talk about it too much— no, even before that, I was already at the center of attention. Sanay na 'kong nasa sentro lagi ng usapan.

It's not a surprise, because it runs through the blood.

The Lebuertes'. My family.

My father, Harry Lebuerte, a retired high ranking official from the Solar academy.

My oldest brother, Theno Lebuerte, a well known Guild Master from the Solar academy, that soon built his own Open Guild after he graduated.

My second older brother, Yale Lebuerte, a clever and brilliant outstanding gifted on his generation who made items that strengthen the academy.

And my third brother who graduated not long ago too, Med Lebuerte, who had the highest record in the academy in all aspects.

They all graduated and retired, but their names still remained. . . and stayed with me.

Eslin Cecil Lebuerte. The youngest and only girl of the family after my mother died.

My surname is the weight I had to carry. Hindi ako nagreklamo roon, in fact, I was proud. I was very proud to my brothers and my father. They took care and raised me, even though it was my father's first time having a daughter, and my brothers' first time having a sister. They filled me with love and the love that my mother would've filled.

Everyone had high expectations. Lahat na sila ay inaasahan na kukuha ako ng test bilang isang master, kasabay ng kilala ngayong Generation of Prodigies. It was a fact, pretty obvious, that I'm one of them.

But then just like that, it hit me. Just days before the test.

I don't want this.

I don't want to continue this momentum, them expecting things from me because I'm a Lebuerte. Ayokong mamuhay sa entablado na hinanda na para sa akin dahil sa mga nagawa ng pamilya ko.

I was afraid. I didn't want to be a disappointment. I don't know how to tell them, to tell my family who have expectations for me that I don't want to follow their footsteps. I wasn't pressured, it's just that it wasn't what I wanted.