7

[Helena]

"Then, let's start this conference."

Bora stood up, with his hands at the top of the table. 

"I'm sure that you already have an idea why we are here."

"It's because of your stupidity." Pagsingit ni Luceta. Hindi mawala-wala ang pagkakunot ng noo niya mula kanina.

"Yeah, it's your fault old man!" Pagsulsol ni Rox. "Bakit mo pinadala 'yong mga batang 'yon? Do you trust them more than your family?" Giit niya.

"Of course, the sins are your favorite right?" Rox answered her own question.

I secretly yawn. I knew that they'll start blaming Bora.

Ungrateful brats, you should be grateful that you didn't had to come. Kung sakali, baka kasama kayo nina Nyx na bali-bali ang mga buto ngayon.

"Hey, hey, there's no point blaming anyone right?" Ethan awkwardly chuckled, trying to lighten up the mood.

"Hindi ko tinatanggi ang pagkakamali ko, kung pwede ko lang akuin ang lahat, gagawin ko. Pero hindi ko kaya." Seryosong sagot ni Bora. Humihingi siya ng tawad sa aming lahat ngayon, pero sa postura at ekspresyon niya, parang ang mga kausap niya pa ang may kasalanan.

As expected to the man who never bows his head.

"So, what are we going to do?" Walang ganang sambit ni Elias. 

"What? We have no choice, right?" Sagot ng ama niyang si Lor. "We need to clean this mess."

"We should just beat them!" Masigasig na pagsali ni Rox.

I heard someone heaved a sigh. "Easier said than done." Pagsingit muli ni Elias. "How can we beat a freaking God."

"How can we even go back to the association with him there?" Dagdag ni Xilah.

There was a sudden silence after realizing what Elias and Xilah said. Someone then talked that caught all of our attention.

"We have no other choice, right?" Sambit ni Yadiel. "We should kill the vessel-"

"No one will kill the girl." Mabilis na pagsingit ko. Ang lalaking hindi ko pinatapos magsalita ay tahimik lang akong tinignan.

"What are you saying?" May tonong ani ni Luceta.

"We won't kill an innocent person."

"Innocent? She fucking killed dozens of giftedpeople!" 

"And whose fault is that?" Walang kaemo-emosyong ani ko na kinatahimik niya. "We knew that somethingsomeone, is coming. We knew that it will cause the end.... She did everything on her own, and we weren't there to help her."

"But we didn't know who it will be!-"

"It's the same as her reason. She didn't know anything."

Walang nakasagot sa sinabi ko. Everyone felt guilt, even me.

"Killing her is our last resort. If we can find a different way, then we won't let her die."

"But if it's the only way, then I can kill her myself."

I looked at them with a serious look, full of determination. Isang daang porsyento akong sigurado sa mga salitang binitawan ko.

Ayokong may inosenteng buhay ang mawala, pero kung kinakailangan at kung para sa lahat, handa akong patayin siya at harapin ang mga pwedeng mangyari.

I'm not merciless... but I'm not also a saint.

"You talk like you're sure that there's another way." Malamig na sambit ni Yadiel. He looked at me with his dead eyes. "Then what's the other way to 'kill' this God?"