Interlude - After Memory Snow

Emilia: "Seems like things are going back to their usual routine."

Puck: "Sorry for causing so much trouble Lia."

The past few days at the Roswaal manor it had been hectic. Puck had entered his magic release period. When a spirit accumulated too much mana, it had to be expelled. Over the past few months, Puck hadn't had any opportunities to freely expel mana.

This led to Puck having a lot more mana stored up than usual. Emilia and Beatrice tried to make sure he didn't cause too much of a disturbance to the other residents of the mansion. However, this proved futile, to the point where even Subaru noticed.

Emilia: "We almost fooled him too."

Puck: "We didn't even come close. Although I am surprised we got so far without him saying anything. And that goes without mentioning his idea for the snow festival."

Surprisingly, Subaru had come up with a way to turn Puck's magic release period into something fun. Subaru had puck extend the range of the magic release period and invited all the residents of Arlam village to participate in a giant snow festival.

Emilia: "He really knows how to have fun doesn't he? I hope next year's festival can be even better"

As Emilia said those words, her amethyst eyes narrowed.

Emilia: "Next year, huh... I'm not sure what the future has in store. I wonder what will happen."

Puck: "I hope it will turn out like how you want Lia, I'm just not sure if there will be a festival next year."

Emilia: "Are you against having a snow festival Puck?"

Puck: "I'm not. I had a lot of fun, and it looked like you had fun too. However, I don't know if Subaru will still be happy to stay with you next year."

Emilia: "..."

She held her breath in response to Puck's words.

In her position, things could drastically change in one year. She couldn't stop blaming herself for dragging Subaru into this mess.

Puck: "The wounds from the Mabeasts. The Scars on his stomach. His multiple deaths, I know you haven't forgotten about it, but keep it in mind."

Emilia: "-yeah."

Although his tone was easygoing, Puck's words had tremendous weight to them.

Subaru was a kind person, putting himself in harm's way to save those around him. But this attitude has caused him immense pain. With Emilia being a candidate for the throne, she was and everyone around her was bound to be in danger.

How many times would Subaru sacrifice himself for those around him? How many times would it take for him to leave her? Would leaving her side be better for him? She didn't know.

Puck: "But it would be nice to have another snow festival next year."

Emilia: "..."

Puck: "Having another festival would mean me having too much mana to the point of having a magic release period, and nobody other than Subaru could lead a festival."

Emilia: "Ye-yeah, I think that'd be nice too."

Emilia nodded at Puck's unexpected words and smiled. In response to his daughter's smile, Puck flipped his whiskers in a seemingly satisfied manner. And he keeps the dangerous sense of unease in his chest to himself.

Emilia's safety, Subaru's safety, Puck's safety. Could they protect the conditions to have a snow festival next year? In the coming months, there will be many chances that-

Emilia: "What's wrong Puck?"

Puck: "It's nothing, I'm just thinking about it's going to get hot again starting tomorrow."

Emilia: "Oh, you're right. Come to think of it, Subaru and Ram will probably start hurling insults at each other again."

She started worrying about tomorrow as a matter of course without thinking of Puck's fears. Puck decides to respond to his honest daughter's emotions by wagging his tail and keeping his mouth shut.

※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※

Miss me?

It's been almost two months since I posted the last chapter. Time really flies huh? I've been pretty busy with a lot of life stuff since I last posted. Sadly I'm going to need more time before I start this fics version of Arc 3. I still have stuff to read that I haven't yet, as well as needing to read the LN version of Arc 3. Hopefully, I'll be done and ready to post the next chapter soon, but no promises. I hope to see you all next chapter.