"Awww. Well lets get outa here. Im pretty starving!"

"You are pretty."

He just locks his arm with mine and grins. We walk further out of the halls and out of school. We walk to Two's truck and we joke around with him on the way to Pony's house.

When we get home (after a quick stop at the corner drug store for a root beer for Pony) it is nearly 4. The sun would setting in about 2 hours. I decided then that it was gonna be perfect.

We walk into the living room to see Soda, Johnny and Bryon sitting around the living room watching the TV. Darry is doing who know what in the kitchen.

"Hey babe, why don't you go sit down? Im gonna go talk to Darry real quick, ok?"

"Ok, Dally." he says, with a worried pout, but does as he's told.

I stroll into the kitchen, standing straight when I see Darry from around the corner of the kitchen. There had been tension between us since last week. I really tried to impress him when I was around him, and I hoped he noticed.

"Hey, Darry." I say over his shoulder. He doesn't turn around.

"Hello, Dally." At least he used my nickname.

"I-I was just wondering, can I take out Pony tonight?"

"Where?" He still doesn't turn around, he keeps dicing what looks like an onion.

"I think I'm gonna take him to the park. And Im gonna ask him to date me and I... I want to give him my dad's ring."

He stops, and simply nods.

"That'll be fine." He says calmly. I breathe a silent sigh of relief, before I see Darry face to face with me. His face is sincere, but I'm still taken aback.

"Hey man, I just wanted to say- I see how hard you're working and... I notice the change. You've made him so much happier, and thats something he deeply needed. Thank you." He says kindly. Darry was being kind to me.

"Thank you man. That means the most comin' from you."

He pats my shoulder.

"You've got my blessing."

I give him a thankful nod, before going to join Pony on the couch, but I find that its full.

"hmm..." I say with a fake puzzled look on my face.

"Oh- I can get up, its no problem-" Pony says before I pick him up from the knees and back and sit on the couch, letting him lay across me on my lap.

"Dally!" Pony scolds while holding back his laughter.

"Oh sorry I didn't see you there." I tease him and flash him a quick grin. I knew he loved that. He said it made me look like a movie star. I always thought about his little compliments, I wish I could hear them all the time.

He leans his head to be on my shoulder and we snuggle into each other as we watch the TV show. Well, im only half watching it. The other part of my mind loves the fact that we can just hold each    other and not have to worry. I can't wait until 6.