We look for Scott's inhaler

Start from the beginning

"What if it's like an infection? Like, my body's flooding with adrenaline before I go into shock or something?" Stiles smirks mischievously at me, and realizing what he means, I play along. "You know what? I actually think I've heard of this - it's a specific kind of infection," I say seriously. Now Scott looks really worried, "Are you serious?" He asks in horror. "Yeah. Yeah, I think it's called lycanthropy," Stiles answers him. Scott, who still doesn't know that Stiles is messing with, says, "What's that? Is that bad?" Stiles looks at him dead in the eye, "Oh, yeah, it's the worst. But only once a month." Scott looks at him in confusion, "Once a month?" I nod in agreement, saying, "Mm-hmm. On the night of the full moon." Scott looks at both of us in confusion, and I share a look with Stiles. Suddenly, we both start fake-howling like wolves. Scott frowns in annoyance and shoves the two of us away with surprising strength, causing us to break out in giggles.

"Hey, you're the one who heard a wolf howling!" I exclaim at Scott, trying to compose myself. Scott looks hurt, and I almost feel bad for doing this. Almost. "Hey, there could be something seriously wrong with me!" He says in a whiny puppy voice. "I know! You're a Werewolf! Rawrrr!" Stiles replies, roaring pitifully. Scott is clearly not impressed by this joke, and Stiles' demeanor becomes serious. "Okay, obviously I'm kidding. But, if you see me in shop class trying to melt all the silver I can find, it's 'cause Friday's a full moon," He says matter-of-factly.

Suddenly, Scott stops walking and looks around in surprise and astonishment. "No, I-I could have sworn this was it. I saw the body, and the deer came running. I dropped my inhaler..." He stutters out, frowning, and then trails off. "Umm... Maybe the killer moved the body?" I say uncertainly, a chill creeping up my spine, almost as if someone was watching us or listening to us. I divert my focus from the two boys and focus on the earth, searching to see if someone, or something was around us. Satisfied that no one or thing was in vicinity of us, I turned my attention back to Stiles and Scott.

"If he did, I hope he left my inhaler. Those things are, like, eighty bucks," Scott says in annoyance in response to my statement. Suddenly, I hear a soft voice in my head, a voice that sounds weak and authoritative at the same time. "Turn around. Someone is coming," it says, and I turn around out of instinct, hands poised for battle. In front of me is a pale man with black hair, an awesome leather jacket, and a disapproving scowl. He looks as if he is in his early twenties, and yet he still looks handsome.

"What are you doing here?" He growls out angrily in a gruff voice. Stiles and Scott are visibly panicking, and they don't respond. I mentally roll my eyes and step forward, "We were just looking for something. Calm down," I say nonchalantly, feeling as if I know this man. He ignores me and looks at the two boys, staring at Scott intently. "Huh?" he grunts in question as Stiles and Scott still look frozen.

"Are you deaf? I just told you that we were looking for something. Or do you enjoy scaring people you know are afraid rather than talking to people who don't get intimated by you?!" I exclaim, annoyance and frustration seeping out of my body in the form of words. The brooding man turns to me slowly, surprise flooding his face for a second before the frown reappears. Stiles looks at me in warning, telling me to keep my mouth shut. I don't listen. I never listen to Stiles. "This is private property," he says even more gruffly. I frown at him. "Whose private property? Yours? I don't see your name on it! Plus, this is a preserve. It doesn't belong to anyone," I berate at him angrily. His eyes widen in surprise, as if no one has had the nerve to speak up to him before. Then, he narrows his eyes and growls softly. Not like a human's angry growl, but an animal's growl. Almost like....Lupa's wolves.

Suddenly, Stiles appears of nowhere and slings his arm around my shoulders, pushing me behind him. "Uh, sorry, man, we didn't know," he says bashfully. I look at him angrily, and he shakes his almost imperceptibly. I huff annoyedly and glare at the guy. The guy focuses on Scott, who mumbles, "Yeah, we were just looking for something, but..." he trails off as the brooding dude glares at him murderously. "...Uh.. forget it," Scott says, losing his nerve. Scaredy cat.

Suddenly, Derek tosses something at Scott before turning and heading back the way he came without a word, giving Scott one last look and seemingly paying me and Stiles no attention. Scott sighs and gets ready to turn back in the opposite direction. "Um... All right, come on, I gotta get to work," Scott says, but before he can move, Stiles stops him by holding out his hand. I look at him exhaustedly, "What now, Stilinski?" I ask him. "Dude, that was Derek Hale!" He says in surprise. Me and Scott look at Stiles blankly. He looks at us incredulously. "You remember, right? He's only like a few years older than us," Stiles says. I frown at him, as does Scott, "Remember what?" He says curiously. "His family. They all burned to death in a fire, like, ten years ago," Stiles replies, and I take in a sharp breath, feeling bad about lashing out at him. He was probably bitter because of that, but ,I mean, he wasn't that bad, was he? And he was pretty hot as well. "Derek Hottie Hale," I mumble, and the two boys turn to me in astonishment. "What?" I shrug, "He's hot. No wonder the fire didn't burn him. You can't fight fire with fire," I reply, shrugging nonchalantly. Scott looks away, intrigued and concerned while Stiles raises his eyebrows in a 'really' gesture. "I say it like I see it," I say to him.

"I wonder what he's doing back..." Scott mutters, lost in his thoughts, ignoring the two of us. Stiles scoffs, as though he thinks that nothing good can come of it before walking away. "Come on," he says, and I turn to follow him, but Scott doesn't move. Me and Stiles turn back and see Scott still staring at the spot where Derek had disappeared.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Lmk what you think

Comment and vote

QOTD:
Thoughts on Derek?