"ok, sodey." I sniffle out, nodding my head. I hated to act like such a baby, but I had to. I only called him that when I was tired or irate or when I wanted to be comforted.

I lay my head down on the pillow, Soda falling on his after me. My eyelids flutter, and shut completely. I feel soda's arm hold me tightly, and his warmth calms me down fully, before I fall into a complete, calm sleep.

•••

I wake up to a bright, empty room. Its saturday, I know that. I look at the broken alarm clock, and it takes a few minutes for me to read the dials.

"10:45-?" I mumble. My voice is so much deeper when I wake up, and I sound kinda groggy. I've had the same voice since I was 13 so I wished it stayed how it did when I woke up. Thats what a lot of socs made fun of me for, my voice...

I get up, stumbling a bit as I make my way to the dresser and put on a random white t-shirt. I change into a pair of jeans too, remembering I took my shower last night.

I decide to leave my hair ungreased because Dally said on the phone yesterday that he liked it both ways. I finish brushing my teeth and make my way to the kitchen. By now its already 11:03.

"look who woke up!" Two Bit says looking back from the TV.

"Good morning to you too, Two Bit." I say with a smile as I remember last nights talk with Soda. Darry, Soda, and Steve all had Saturday shifts. I swing on the doorframe to the kitchen, finding Johnny sitting on the counter, and Bryon talking next to him.

"Heya Pony!" Johnny says.

"Morning guys! hey, y'all seen Dal?"

"Yeah, he's here! He was watching TV with Two waitin' on you to wake up, until Two turned on Mickey Mouse and he went to the bathroom." Bryon says, taking a sip of water from his glass.

"ooh, thanks Bryon.." I say quietly. Now I have a plan. I go down the hall to Darry's room, stopping behind where the bathroom door opens. I was gonna surprise him.

After waiting for a second, I hear the faucet running, and the door swings open.

Before he turns to look at me, I run up very fast and wrap my arms around his stomach.

"AAahhg!" he yells and stumbles around the hall and raising his hands above his head as he looks down.

All he sees is me grinning wide hugged against his chest.

"You little shit! You scared me half to death!" He laughs, bending to put his hands around my waist.

"Y'know what happens to cute little greasers that tackle Dallas?"

I bite my lip and smile.

"Noo..." I say innocently.

"they... get.... THIS!!" he says loudly, limiting me up from the ground, I grab onto his back as he starts to lower me to the floor. My legs go up in the air and wrap around his back, making my smile widen almost too much.

"Dally! What are you doing!" I giggle profusely as he tickles my sides when he sets me gently on the floor of the hallway.

His rough fingers dance across my torso as I scream for mercy with a mix of crazy laughter.

"Oh whats this?" He says putting his other hand under my shirt, starting to poke at my bare skin.

"D-Dalllyyyyy!!!!" Im clutching my stomach to keep him from getting in, but he does anyway, grabbing playfully at my sides. The whole time, he's leaning over me on his knees with the widest smile you've ever seen.

Finally, one of his little pinches from his left hand make my feet jerk out it tickles so bad! I hit Dally in the knees, pushing him off center, making him fall to the floor on his side next to me.

"Ok, ok! I surrender!" he yells out next to my face. I roll onto my stomach and look into his eyes. He's what I imagine a greek statue looks like... chiseled and perfect.

"you're staring again, angel."

"shut up, c'mere...." I lean in and latch lips with him. After we break from the short but delicious kiss, I just laugh and lay my head on his chest. Were still on the floor, and I don't wanna get up.

"So y'all weren't gonna tell me?" I hear from the end of the hall. I bend my head up, and I see Two Bit. I slip off of Dally as he gets up, and I roll back onto my stomach.

"uhhh... how much did you see?" Dally rubs his neck.

"Enough! I mean I should've guessed because of how Pony looked on the phone with you. He was blushing and everything!" Two Bit says.

I get embarrassed and my ears turn red. Of course he'd tell him that!

"Dallas and Pony... Darry's gonna be a big fan!" He says jokingly. Im just glad he's not disapproving.

"yeah thats taken care of..."

"what?" I ask puzzled. I hadn't told Darry anything.

"well, two nights ago... he saw us, and he says he's okay with it." I knew there was more to the story, but I didn't care. I was just happy I could have my Dally without having to hide around.

"he really said yes?" I ask Dally, grabbing lightly on his arm.

"Yes, baby." he turns to face me and rest his hand on my side, the same one he had been tickling a few moments earlier.

"Well, thats cool with me too." Two says with a grin.

"cool man, cool." Dally says sarcastically.

I can feel in that moment what I want. But I don't want to know his answer. I'm too scared to ask him to be my boyfriend.

•••

{1633 words} Thank you all for the reads!! Can we get to 200?? Lets see... Love, Matty. Stay gold-