Chapter 16 - Date Chapter: Kanon

[Word count - 1,880]

Evening...

Location - Residential Area

Your POV

School and work was done for me, and I managed to get through the week without any problems. However, since it was dark outside, my mom told me to get home as soon as possible. And so, that is what I'm doing that.

As I am walking home in the dark, I heard a familiar voice in the distance.

"Fuee... where am I going?"

That sounded like Kanon... I bet she got lost again trying to get home. I turned the corner, hoping to find her, and sure enough, I did. The poor Hello, Happy World! drummer just stood there, looking around while panicking.

"Kanon! Over here!"

She looked at me, and let out a sigh of relief when she saw me.

"(Y/N)-kun! Thank goodness you're here!" She said and closer towards me, and hugs me as tight as she could.

I hugged her back for a while and I finally said something once we made eye contact.

"Kanon, what brings you here at this hour?" I asked.

"Well, I was heading home from my part-time job, and... I guess I got lost while thinking about something." She sighed.

"Oh, what were you thinking about?" I asked.

"I was... thinking about you." She said as her cheeks turned pink.

"Really?"

"Yes... I was wondering if you... want to go on a date with me this weekend?"

As shy as she was, you have give Kanon some points for gathering the courage to ask me out on a date. I was hoping to do that myself, but she has beaten me to it. I guess it's fine as long as I guess a chance to spend some time with her.

"Sure, Kanon, I would love to go on a date with you." I smiled.

Kanon smiled back at me since I said yes to going out with her.

"Really? Thank you!"

"Yeah, you're welcome!"

After being asked out by one of the girls I have feelings for, I offered to walk Kanon to her house. She happily agreed since she still got herself lost. With that, we began to walk to her house. On the way there, Kanon made sure to hold onto me, so that she doesn't get lost again. Of course, I was blushing as she did this, but... it's not so bad after all.
_____________________________________________

An hour later...

Location - Matsubara Residence, Kanon's Room

Kanon's POV

I let out a sigh of relief once I was able to get myself home, and I have happier as I stepped inside my bedroom so I can lay down and take my mind off of getting lost earlier. Thankfully, (Y/N) was there to save me and took me home.

He's my hero, and I think going on this date with him is the best to repay him. However, I have never been on a date before, and it's tomorrow, so I feel even more nervous than before. Unsure what to do about it, I grabbed my phone and texted Misaki to see if she could give me some pointers.

Kanon's text: Hey, Misaki-chan. Are you busy at the moment?

Misaki's text: Ah, Kanon-san. No I'm free. What's up?