Chapter 9 - Happy Good Time

[Word count - 1,005]

A few days before the event...

Location - Residential Area

Your POV

The event was drawing closer and closer, and all the bands have been putting in the work. It was nice to see them come to me and update me on everything. It almost feels like I have a place to call home at CiRCLE, huh? 

Today was another workday at CiRCLE. I made sure to eat breakfast and said goodbye to my mom before heading out the door. As I stepped outside, I felt that cold morning breeze blowing over. It is a sign that winter is right around the corner. 

As I began to make my way to CiRCLE, I spotted someone who was jogging. It was Kanon from Hello, Happy World!. She seemed scared and looks lost. Concerned, I began to call out to her. 

"Good morning, Kanon!"

She got startled by me calling out to her, but once she saw me, she let out a sigh of relief and grinned a little bit. 

"Oh, good morning, (Y/N)-kun." She said with a smile. 

"What brings you out here first thing in the morning?" I asked. 

The drummer let out a small sigh. 

"I was trying to get to CiRCLE in time for rehearsals, but... I think I got myself lost." She said and sighed once again.

Her response broke my heart a little bit, and I wanted to help her in any way I could. So only one idea come to mind. 

"You know, Kanon, I'm going to CiRCLE as well. If you want, we can go there together." I suggested this, and it looks like that made her happy. 

"Yes, thank you."

With that, Kanon and I began to make our way to CiRCLE. And while we were walking, she stayed close to me, so that she wouldn't get herself lost again. To be honest, it made my heart skip a beat.
_____________________________________________

30 minutes later...

Location - Live House CiRCLE

We managed to get to CiRCLE within 30 minutes. While walking, I was learning some things about Kanon that I didn't know about. I was amazed when she told me that she met Chisato in junior high, and how she got roped into Hello, Happy World! in the first place.

As we got there, Kanon looked at me and gave me a smile.

"Thanks for walking me here, (Y/N)-kun. You're so sweet."

"It's no problem, honestly."

Moments later, I heard a voice coming inside the live house. This time, it was Kokoro, and she was as loud as ever.

"Kanon! Come on! We're about to get started!"

"Fuee... coming!"

Before Kanon left, she looked at me and gave me a quick hug before running off to meet up with Kokoro. Meanwhile, I was just standing there like an idiot trying to process the fact that Matsubara Kanon hugged me.
_____________________________________________

Evening...

I was finally done with work for the day. I couldn't wait to get home and relax... is what I would say, but I do have homework I got to focus on the second I step inside my house. Honestly, juggling between school and work is exhausting, but at least I am able to make it work, right?

Right as I clocked out and stepped outside, someone was waiting for me. It was Kanon. I was surprised to see her out this late since Hello, Happy World! left a few hours ago.

"Kanon? What are you doing here?" I asked as I put my hoodie on and made my way towards her.

"I was waiting for you." She said as her cheeks turned red. I did hear that, right?

"You waited for me to get off of work?" I asked for confirmation.

"Yes." She nodded. "I was hoping I could walk home with you, if that's okay."

This would mean that I get a chance to spend more time with Kanon.

"Yeah, it's fine."

I can tell that Kanon was happy that I said yes to her, and soon enough, we began to make our way to her house.
____________________________________________

30 minutes later...

Location - Residential Area

By the time Kanon and I got closer to her house, there wasn't a single cloud in the sky, and the stars were out. It was a beautiful night to be sure. However, Kanon and I weren't saying anything to each other this whole walk. If I don't say something, this walk will get even more awkward than it already is.

"So, Kanon, how did rehearsals go?" I asked.

"It went well." She answered. "We're all looking forward to the show, especially Kokoro-chan."

I laughed a little.

"Well, that doesn't surprise me."

Kanon laughed as well. Before we know it, we both started laughing. Once the laughter died down, Kanon asked me a question that sounded important to her.

"Hey, is it okay if I ask you something?"

"Yeah, of course. What is it?"

"Well, it's about my drumming." She proceeded. "You think it's good, right?"

"I think so, yes." I answered. "And it's not just you, all of you do a good job at playing their instruments."

Kanon smiled again, and this time, a small blush appeared on her face.

"Thank you. Hearing that has made me feel better." She said.

"Heh, no problem."

Eventually, Kanon and I made it to her house. I felt upset that I have to leave her already, but I know that I'll see her again soon.

Before walking away, she stopped to give me another hug. One that last longer this time. I gave in and hugged her back, and after this, it became clear: I have feelings for Matsubara Kanon.

To be continued

A/N: Make sure you take part in the vote to determine whether or not the prologue for The Music of Destiny gets published. You got less than 9 hours before it gets deleted.
Thank you so much for reading this chapter.
I hope you guys liked it and I'll see you in the next one. :)