Tenth Step!!

After some days at Min’s flower shop, when Yoongi is working at the front counter suddenly Ho-seok comes in front of him.

Yoongi (gets scared):- “You…… Idiot, you scared me.”

Ho-seok (with a bright smile):- “Oh my Yoongi. How can you be scared to see such an innocent face of mine?”

Yoongi (look straight at Ho-seok):- “Because you look scary when you come closer.”

Ho-seok (makes pout):- “You are insulting me? I am hurt now.”

Yoongi (continue to work again):- “All the best.”

Ho-seok (being offensive):- “Yahh!!! Are you human or not? I am hurt because of you and you have no regrets.”

Yoongi (looks at Ho-seok):- “Because I told the truth. That’s it.”

Ho-seok (in anger):- “Sometimes I doubt if I am your best friend or not, (makes a sad face) I am alone in this cruel world where no one is caring for me.”

Yoongi :- “Fine. What do you want to cheer you up? Just spit it out.”

Ho-seok (suddenly smiles at Yoongi):- “I want to drink Cappuccino with chocolate muffins with choco
chips.”

Yoongi (laughs):- “Do you want to gain weight or what?”

Ho-seok :- “Are you going to treat me or what?”

Yoongi (puts the bouquet on the side table and takes his jacket):- “Fine. Let’s go.”

Ho-seok (being happy):- “Really. Then I know a place where we can have these snacks. Let’s go
there.”

Ho-seok quickly goes outside without Yoongi. Yoongi gets surprised by Ho-seok’s actions. After some time, Yoongi and Ho-seok reach a XXXX café and take a seat there. After looking at the menu, they both ordered the same which Ho-seok mentioned earlier. When they both are talking, their orders arrive at the table. They both start having their snacks and coffee.

Yoongi (after taking a sip):- “Um…. It’s really nice.”

Ho-seok (takes a bite of chocolate muffin):- “Do you really like it? I told you.”

Yoongi :- “I will bring Jimin here someday. He likes sweets the most. He will surely like this place.”

Ho-seok :- “Yeah yeah. You and your beloved………”

Ho-seok suddenly stops to continue his sentence after seeing Taehyung in the café who enters there with a girl.

Ho-seok (gets shocked):- “Taehyung-ssi?”

When Yoongi hears Taehyung’s name from Ho-seok’s mouth, he also looks at that side.

Ho-seok (staring at both of them):- “It’s Taehyung, right? Then who is that girl with him?”

Yoongi notices the girl with Taehyung who sits in front of Taehyung.

Yoongi (turns back):- “She is his date."

Ho-seok (gets shocked):- “Really? Taehyung-ssi is dating a girl? Wow!! But how did you know
this?”

Yoongi (sips his coffee again):- “She is Jimin’s friend and he sets them up on a date.”

Ho-seok (still in shock):- “Ohh…. That brat. He didn’t even care for his own hyung but he did set up a date for Taehyung? That’s great.”

Yoongi :- “You are right.”

Ho-seok (again looks at Taehyung and that girl and smiles):- “But they both are looking so sweet together. I think they are made for each other. What do you think, Yoongi?”

Yoongi again turns back to them with curiosity and sees that they both are talking with each other openly and laughing together. It looks like they both are enjoying their moment. Somehow, Yoongi feels uncomfortable seeing this scene.

Yoongi (with a serious look):- “How can he do this?”

Ho-seok (looks at Yoongi):- “What do you mean?”

Yoongi (turns back):- “He said that he loved Ji-hun then how can he move so fast and forget about Ji-hun now?”

Ho-seok :- “Yoongi, It’s not right to remain alone for a person who is already gone from your life. You have to move on in your life and you can't always be alone. This is life and it always gives you a chance to change yourself. And I think you also should move on from Ji-hun’s death.”

Yoongi (stands up):- “Let’s go.”

Ho-seok :- “Hey…..”

Yoongi quickly pays the bill and goes outside of the café. Ho-seok also follows Yoongi then. After reaching to own house, Yoongi directly goes to Ji-hun’s room where everything still remains like Ji-hun left before he died. Yoongi touches all the belongings of Ji-hun and starts remembering his moments with Ji-hun’s. Suddenly, he finds a diary which also belonged to Ji-hun. At first Yoongi thinks to not look at it and put it back. But his curiosity makes him read Ji-hun’s diary. He sits on the available small couch there and starts reading the diary. Yoongi keeps smiling after reading his brother has mentioned his love towards Yoongi when they were both young. He also mentioned how much Yoongi supported him for making his career and didn’t feel like he didn’t have parents because Yoongi treated him like their parents. Yoongi starts to feel tears in his both eyes after reading Ji-hun’s feelings for him as well as smiling. After some pages, Ji-hun mentioned Taehyung like how he met with him and fell for him. He also mentioned that Taehyung was his one and only to whom he’d like to live alone. He doesn’t want anyone to take Taehyung from his side or he would kill them all. Reading these lines, Yoongi gets shocked and remembers about the dream he had before related to Ji-hun. But Yoongi decides to continue reading and finds that Ji-hun mentioned Taehyung's behavior changing nowadays. He mentioned that Taehyung was not attentive to him anymore and it feels like his love slowly disappears for Ji-hun. Yoongi stops there and starts thinking – ‘Was Ji-hun right? I do feel that Taehyung-ssi does not care about Ji-hun anymore after his death. But why? What happened between them?’ Yoongi again starts reading more. Ji-hun wrote something that shocked Yoongi to
read. He mentioned that he got to know about Taehyung’s feelings for Yoongi. However, Taehyung didn’t tell Ji-hun directly but all his actions like staring at Yoongi continuously, asking about Yoongi all day and caring about him more than usual made Ji-hun think the same. Now there is a last page of conversation between Ji-hun and his diary.

Ji-hun wrote – “I never saw Taehyung this much happy even when he was with me. I start to feel that he is forced to live with me and love me. Although he still loves me and cares about me but the feelings, I can see Taehyung towards Yoongi hyung is at another level. I want Yoongi hyung to be loved by the person who will care for him from the bottom of their heart and also want to see Taehyung to be happy. But how can I see my lover and my hyung together in front of my eyes? I can’t leave my Taetae easily and I don’t want anyone to love him. But……… I don't want to force him to stay with me because I know he is not as happy with me as he would be with hyung. Like I said, I can’t see them both together, I have to do this. I have to……. leave them both. At first, I thought I should tell them about my cancer, but now I think it’s better to leave them and not make them worry about me. I really hope Taehyung will share his feelings with Hyung and Yoongi hyung will be happy with him as well. I wish you both would love each other soon!!”

After reading this, Yoongi hugs the diary tightly and starts crying there very badly.

To be continued...