Chapter 1

Kashvi's PoV

   It is festival of Holi. I hope The colours of festival will bless my life with different colours one day. Currently I am preparing sweet for festival in our house with kitchen, hall and two bedrooms. Everyone in neighbourhood is busy colouring each other. Children and adults are dancing on tune of music.

" Kashvi dear if you are in kitchen please keep milk on gas." My mother anvika mehra shouted from hall.

" ok Ma" I shouted back.

My Ma is middle aged women who is a housewife. A very strong woman. She has fair skin and long hair and bright smile and dove eyes everyone says I am her carbon copy which I agree with. I lost my father and brother at age of 9. My Ma remarried to my father's brother for my education and to get me love of a father. He is tall, dark and has big eyes and villainous smile. He is scary.

my father's brother who I call uncle and not papa started drinking and gambling after marrying my Ma. He is under influence of alcohol all day and whenever he is in consciousness he beats my mother for money . He even beats me and asks money from me. 

To fulfill the needs of family I work at a coffee shop as a waitress currently I am searching for a job as a journalist but I am facing problems due to my family background.

I came out of Kitchen while wiping my hands on towel. I was about to go out to play Holi when an almost 6 feet 5 inches man in his mid twenties walked inside our house wearing a three piece suit. He seems rich and dapper. He had a very grumpy look on his face as if it costs crores if he smiles a little bit. His whisky brown orbs would make any girl lose her consciousness in them for years but they seem like they have a story behind them. Story they don't want to tell to this merciless world. They are sad in need of love.

He looked at me straight at me.I smiled at him but he gave me a look that made me feel like I was made of some dirt. He was disgusted of me but why? I lowered my head my Ma was about to ask the man something probably about his whereabouts when my uncle walked inside house. He seemed under influence of alcohol but he smiled looking at the stranger standing in front of me.

My uncle came inside and smiled at the stranger. Mr. Stranger gave my uncle look of boredom. My uncle forwarded his hand , " hello Mr. Thakur." The stranger whose name is Mr. Thakur didn't shook my uncle's hand instead he gave my uncle the glare which would make a normal person feel like dying at right that instance but my uncle isn't a normal human.

" I give you half an hour Mr. Mehra to empty the premises after that I will throw you and your luggage out of the house."

He said looking at his watch with poker face.

I became pale hearing what Mr. Stranger was saying. I looked at my Ma she was in shock too.

My uncle laughed awkwardly, " mr. Thakur have a seat and then we will talk calmly."

" I don't have time for chitchat Mr. Mehra." He said with stone cold voice.

My Ma spoke in between their conversations, " but dear where will we go? And who are you to tell us to go out of our own house."

With straight face he replied, " I am the new owner of this house." Hearing his words my Ma and I were shocked but my uncle seemed to be aware of changes took place in our lives.

" It's not my problem where you will go. I haven't started a charity house for people like you."

He said with disdain in his voice.

My Ma almost started begging in front of him, " where will we go son. We don't have anywhere to go. Please don't take away our house I will pay you back if you let us live in this house." I was watching all of this happening in front of me but my brain wasn't registering it I was still digesting the fact that my uncle sold my father's only memory to this stranger.

The stranger looked at my Ma with his calculating gaze and said, " I will let you have this house in exchange you have to marry off your daughter to me."