"Nice shot!" Lance praised.

But the Robeast didn't stay down. It steadied itself again fast and flew back into battle, this time aiming for Keith and the Black Lion.

Keith flew head first towards the Robeast, the Lion glowing brightly before the large wings of the Black Lion appeared. Keith transported himself and the Lion behind the Robeast, throwing it off guard.

"Guys, I'm going in to stop Honerva!" Keith said as he flew close to Honerva's beast.

The Beast lifted its hand and all of a sudden, Novae could feel the cold sensation growing even greater to the point where she could no longer touch her controls.

"Still." Honerva said. The Black Lion stopped in its tracks, surrounded by an Altean magic circle and an aura of pure darkness.

"No!" Keith shouted as the wings disappeared under the pressure of the Altean magic.

Honerva raised her hand to crush Keith with a single blow. But, before Honerva could even try to touch the Black Lion, the Atlas in its humanoid form intercepted the attack, blocking Honerva from hitting Keith.

Honerva, being distracted by the blockage, released her hold on the circle surrounding Keith, giving him a chance to escape. The Paladins did the best they could fighting to keep the Robeasts away and to stop Honerva themselves, but their actions proved to be failing. Even Novae's power wasn't giving much of an edge against Honerva and her strength.

"Fall back!" Keith shouted. The team did as told and retreated from the fight for the time being.

Honerva and the Atlas were in their own battle as the Paladins escaped and Allura joined them.

"Young Star... your hands..." Zaurelia said. Novae glanced down at her hands and saw that the tips of her fingers were turning a sickly shade of gray, even through the black material she wore over them.

"We can't get past them, so we're going to have to defeat them. Paladins, on me! Form Voltron!" Keith shouted.

The Paladins flew in formation and combined into Voltron. They summoned the sword, glowing with a golden sheen because of Novae's power, and charged for the Robeasts. But even the power boost was nothing if they were hit by the Robeast's weapons.

"Remember, those weapons can siphon our energy, so we need to avoid their direct hits." Allura said.

Voltron summoned its shield and once again Novae pushed more quintessence into the shield for more durability. The Robeasts charged without hesitation, attacking with more power and determination than before.

Voltron dodged and blocked the beasts with the shield and quick movements, striking them with the sword as the Robeast too blocked and dodged the attacks.

Voltrons' sword clashed with one of them and golden sparks flew from the colliding blades.

"Pidge, arm cannon!" Keith shouted.

The shield disappeared and the Green Lion arm formed the cannon. Voltron positioned its aim at the chest where the Altean pilot was, but made sure not to hit the pilot capsule. The Paladins took the shot and defeated the Robeast, cyan blue light from the attack shooting through the dark sky.

The second Robeast was about to attack, when the other Altean, the one who rebelled against Honerva earlier, came in and blocked the attack.

"It's the Altean!" Pidge gasped.

"Why is she helping us?" Lance asked.

Novae smiled at the Altean's actions, seeing how the tides have changed for Honerva's darkness. Even in the greatest darkness there is always a small speck of light to bring forth a change. This Altean was only one of many.