Father

[Rengoku angst]

[THIS TAKES PLACE WHEN SENJURO WAS STILL TRAINING TO BE A DEMON SLAYER, SO BEFORE RENGOKU DIES AND BEFORE WE MEET TANJIRO]

Rengoku sat on the edge of a garden, staring blankly at the flowers, lost in his thoughts. Uzui notices this as he's walking past with Makio.

"Makio, wait here a second, I'll be back in a second." He tells her, going over to Rengoku. Uzui puts a hand in Rengokus shoulder, snapping the Flame Hashira out of his thoughts.

"Best buddy?" Rengoku asks, looking over at Uzui, his eyes red and teary, like he had been crying.

"Are you alright, Kyojuro?" Uzui questions as he sits beside Rengoku on the ground, his hand still placed comfortingly on Rengokus shoulder.

Kyojuro sniffles a bit, wiping at his eyes and he smiles at Uzui, though it looks forced.

"I'm alright Tengen, just thinking about something." He answers, taking a deep breath to calm himself down.

"You look like you've been crying, Kyojuro," Uzui says, wiping gingerly at Rengokus tears with his thumb. "Was it about your father again?"

Rengoku looks away, tapping his fingers against his knees "Senjuro didn't make it to Final Selection, he's not a Demon Slayer, he can't even use Flame Breathing." Rengoku explains, looking nervous as he quickly runs his fingers through his flame colored hair.

Uzui's eyes widen a bit, and he pats Rengokus shoulder. "Not everyone can be a Demon Slayer, don't feel bad the Sen isn't." He reassures, his fuchsia eyes unreadable.

"You're right," Rengoku agrees, nodding a bit, closing his eyes and hiding his face in his hands. "But father, he was so angry at Senjuro, he threw an empty bottle of sake at him and then proceeded to curse loudly."

Uzui looks shocked, and he blinks a few times at Rengoku. "Is Sen alright?" He finally asks, patting Rengokus back comfortingly.

"He's fine, just shaken up, I moved infront of him so the bottle of sake hit me instead." Rengoku sighs, pressing his shoulder with his hand, where a bruise was definitely at, though it was hidden by his uniform and haori.

|•IF I GET TO 1,OOO READS I'LL DO A QNA, SO ASK YOUR QUESTIONS NOW IN THE COMMENTS!•|