Chapter 26

Allie

It's been about two days since the shooting, two very long and painful days.

The shooter turned out to be someone with some mental health issues and mixed with the drugs he was taking, it led him to have the urge to wield a gun and shoot.

The school gave everyone the rest of the week off to mourn the loss of three students who had died and to spend time with our families during this hard time.

Kyla and Seth took the opportunity to go and see their parents, Noah and I leaving today to go see his.

"Wait! Grab Wally!"

A confused Noah pops out from down the hall, a bag slung over his shoulder.

"My penguin! The one you got me!"

He disappears down the hall, returning with my favourite gift in the whole world.

"Now are we ready to go?"

I nod. "I think so. I downloaded some Modern Family for us to watch on the way."

"I'm going to be driving. How I'm I supposed to watch that?"

"It's simple. Multi task." I shrug which earns me a loud laugh that makes me laugh with him.

When we arrive to Noah's house, Claire is the first one to come running out of the house, completely sprinting past Noah, who had his arms out ready for a hug, and runs straight into me, making me stumble since she's almost my height.

"Claire!" Noah snaps, so harsh that it surprises Claire who jolts in my arms before backing away sheepishly.

"Sorry. I got excited."

I smile at her, managing to hide the tremble that runs through my body.

"That's okay. We all get excited. You have a very nice place." I say to Rose and Noah's dad, John, I believe.

They live on a property so big it could be a farm, except it's all forest with a huge pond just feet away from their one story mansion.

With the snow that's still falling , it looks like my eleven year old fantasy came true of a winter wonderland.

"Come on in! You three are going to freeze!" Rose shouts from the doorway where she has a fluffy blanket wrapped around her shoulders.

"Allie! Allie! Come on! I have to show you all my medals!" Claire grasps my hand, pulling me away from the car and inside the cozy home.

"I should probably help with out bags-"

"Go inside, Allie! I don't need you freezing your only good limb off!"

Noah yells with amusement in his voice and I snort in agreement.

"This one I got in Montreal, and this one I got at BC Champs..."

"You went to Gymnix?" I ask, looking closely at her wall of medals.

"Yes! And look at my competition suit for Winter Games!"

She hold up a dazzling blue and black suit, Fraser Valley written on the back.

"I will definitely have to come watch Winter Games. Make sure you bring lots of blankets because you sleep on the floor of a school for that competition."

She makes the same face I did when I was younger when I was told that information as well. Disgusted.

"Dinners ready!" John shouts from down the hall, Claire immediately abandoning me.

Noah's already seated at the table making conversation with his dad as they talk about his most recent hockey games when I pull a chair beside him, his hand immediately going to my thigh as he continues to speak.

That's hot.

And as if I said it out loud, Noah gives me a sideways smirk that tells me he knows exactly what he's doing.

Damn him.

All five of us talk for almost two hours, Claire keeping the conversation going most of the time but they never once leave me out.

They ask what I'm studying in school, asking me questions of how I wanted to become an ultrasound student.

"My parents lost a few babies before they had me and my mom never wanted to try again because of how neglected she felt by the hospital staff and how forgotten she was after she gave birth so I think that's what pushed me, honestly." I tell them, and both Rose and John seem very intrigued.

Noah definitely took over his dad, the brown, curly hair and blue eyes something that I immediately noticed on the both of them when they were chatting but Noah's parents are both under six feet tall so I have no idea where he got the height from and his frame is definitely something he worked hard for, his dad proudly sporting a beer belly that he keeps resting his hands on as if he was pregnant.

By the time all of us are done chatting, Claire has migrated to bed, Rose following her before Noah and I call it a night.

We watch a few episodes of Seinfeld in Noah's bed before he shuts it off abruptly and wraps his arms around me, burying his head in my neck I think he's asleep.

"Noah?" I whisper.

"Hmm?"

"I really like your family. They are truly amazing."

He snorts. "You should meet the rest of my family before you say that. In June, we always have this big family gathering where thirty of us gather at my grandparents house and we do something called "Family Olympics". So we make teams and compete the whole weekend against each other and the winning team gets to take home all of my grandmas baking."

"Really? I would like to see this one day."

"We'll go this year. It's a blast, you'll love it. And the babies are always running around so one year we had a 'which baby could run the fastest' competition." He chuckles at the memory, making my ear vibrate from the sound.

"Noah?"

"Yeah, pretty girl?"

I swallow. "I think-I think I want to get tested. I don't think I have anything because I don't feel sick but I want you there if that's not too weird for you because they have to swab down there-"

"I'll be there. Whenever it is, I'll be there."

I exhale, smiling into his hair.

God, this boy.

"I love you, Noah."

His head shoots up off my chest, his blue eyes searching my face for any tell that I may be lying.

"Say it again." He rasps.

"I love you, Noah Carter. I love you so damn much."

He groans softly, brushing his nose against mine before plucking kiss after kiss on my face making me giggle.

"Say it again." He whispers against my lips.

"I love you."

He flips us around suddenly so he's leaning against the bed frame with me straddling his lap, his arms caging me in making me blush like a mad man.

"I love you too, Allie. So fucking much."