Chapter 22

Noah

"I can take myself dancing! I can hold my own hand.." Allie sings, holding her phone to her mouth like a microphone.

Her hair is in a low, tight bun, tassel and ribbons decorating it.

She's wearing her track suit that hugs her frame perfectly, the neckline of her competition suit sticking out.

This time, she's wearing a black and blue suit, jewels dazzling the sleeves and her back bare.

We're driving to the arena her competition is being held, my sister and mom meeting us there so when I have to go for warmup, they can drive moms car to my game.

Moms idea, not mine.

"Who are you up against tonight?" She asks, still singing along to the radio.

"Prince George. It's an easy win." I shrug, laughing at the way she dances in her seat, like her seatbelt is holding her back.

She stops singing and dancing abruptly, squinting at her phone before her eyes widen and she gasps.

"Oh my god! I just got offered a singing gig at Shaw's!"

I feel a smile stretch my face, my face actually hurting from the action.

"That's amazing! Allie, that's-I'm so proud of you."

The first of few genuine smiles stretches on her face, a blush tinting her nose as she smiles at me.

"Shaw said people kept requesting me so he's going to pay me $200 for two hours plus free drinks for tomorrow night."

My eyebrows raise with shock at how desperate Shaw sounds to get her back singing at his bar as I pull into a parking spot.

"$200? That's crazy, Allie. Shaw must really liked having you."

She nods eagerly, biting her lip.

"Would you want to come with me? I know it's Sunday so it's your day off but you don't have to come for the full thing if you don't want to. Or you don't have to come at all if you have plans but-"

"Hell yeah, I'm coming. I'll even get my team to bring their asses. They'll be so stoked."

I cut her babbling off, even though I love it so much.

"You can have all of my free drinks."

"I'll give them too one of the guys. There's no way I'm drinking tomorrow with you there."

She blinks, her brow making a V in confusion.

"I meant, I'm not going to get wasted when your there so I can be alert and so I can actually be there if you need my help."

She places her hand on top of mine where it rests on the console, bringing it up so she can graze kisses on my knuckles.

In this moment, she looks stunning.

Her gold hair is pulled out of the way of her gorgeous face, a British Columbia flag temporarily stamped on her right temple.

Her blue eyes catch the sunlight pouring in, making them look like the sky, the small birthmark on her hairline hidden behind flyaways.

"Thank you, Noah."

"Don't thank me, pretty girl."

Allie

I wave to Claire who is vibrating in her seat, her excitement clearly noticeable.

Noah is chatting with his mom, his hair wet from the shower he took before we left and damn, he looks sexy with some of his tattoos sticking out of his black tee that sits on him perfectly.