Chapter 84: Neck, Shoulders, Back

Beginne am Anfang

"Why didn't you tell me that? And furthermore, why didn't you ask him to help you?"

"Because it had been a long day, and he and his girlfriend already left. Trust me, it was awkward, so I just..."

"Oh yeah? Why was it awkward?"

Oh boy, are we going to have this conversation right now?

"Also, this PC right here needs to be updated, but I can play the game on it-"

"-Lacie?"

"-but I think I'm outdated with the components. You definitely did it in such a way that people can play it who have weaker graphics cards," I start spewing out a word salad, and Dominic gets up and then gently grabs my arm, pulling me towards him so I can face him.

"Why don't you want to talk about this? Did something happen between you two?"

I fall silent for a moment

"I'm not going to be the only one sharing a bunch of stuff, so if I'm going to share private stuff about my life, you have to be open with sharing private stuff about yours."

"Fine, what do you want to know, even though I told you something very private not long ago involving my past, but go ahead."

Wow, did he just try to guilt-trip me?

I shake my head internally. Clever boy.

"Okay, you're right, and for that, you get one."

"Okay. Did you fuck Art?"

I already knew that was coming. Right on the nose this one.

"No."

He continues to stare at me, his expression skeptical as if he either doesn't believe me or expects me to say more.

"Did you guys do anything... like what we did?"

I sigh uncomfortably. I think about all the times I've asked him weird questions as well.

"We made out and we almost did it. You called right before we did."

"Are you fucking serious?" he asks with the most uppity smile.

"Haha, yes. You happy?"

"Has he ever been here?"

"No. Not yet."

"Not yet?" He inquires, playfulness evident in his tone.

Is he enjoying himself?

"So that means you plan on inviting him over. Tsk tsk, he has a girlfriend, Lacie."

"Don't try to shame me haha, I actually like his girlfriend, for your information."

"I didn't know you were into girls."

"Wut? NOOOO I mean we get along."

"Ah."

I can see Dominic thinking.

"Do you want to leave and go back to your house now?" I ask him.

"I don't know, maybe we can hang out here for a little while. I've never been to your house before, so... you can show me how your machine plays the game."

"Okay."

I boot up the game and start showing him my character, and I can tell that as I'm talking to him about different things and as he's explaining to me how to optimize my settings, his mind is somewhere else.

"Sooo..." he starts again as he sits next to me on the floor.

"Oh boy, here we go..." I say jokingly.