10.2 - Bully

TW: Bullying, violence, homophobic slurs

*Nick's POV*

When Harry left the bathroom, I locked myself in one of the cabins and cried uncontrollably. I stayed there until I heard the bell ring. Once I got to form, I sat down next to Charlie and I could see that he instantly noticed I had been crying.

C - Hey, Nick, what's wrong? Your eyes are bright red and your hands are shaking.

N - It's fine. I'm just dealing with all the homophobes.

I let out a little laugh to clear the air. Charlie didn't have to know everything that was happening. He already had so much on his shoulders that I didn't want him to deal with me either. So, I preferred not to tell him anything.

After class, Charlie let me know that he was spending some time with Tao that night. I wished him a good evening and walked towards the exit of the school. 

H - Yo Nick!

I turned around and saw Harry with his squad. I really didn't feel like dealing with him again so I turned around and ignored him. 

H - Yo I'm talking to you, fag.

The sound of that word specifically made me want to punch something, or in that case, him. I still ignored him thinking about what Charlie had told me earlier. I suddenly feel a hand on my shoulder, turning me around. The next thing I knew was that I was on the ground, my head spinning, and my ribs being kicked by what felt like at least 3 people at the same time. I didn't even try to fight back as I felt every muscle in my body give up on me. I then heard a voice from afar.

Mr. Ajayi - Harry, Simon, and Thomas! The principal's office. Now!

The kicking stopped as I heard them walk away. I then saw Mr. Ajayi approaching me and bending down. 

Mr. Ajayi - Omg Nicholas. Are you okay? Don't move too fast. It's gonna be alright. 

He helped me get up but my whole upper body was extremely painful. I could also feel my eye swell up. 

Mr. Ajayi - Come on, I'll get you to the nurse. 

We slowly walked to nurse's office and sat down on the chairs next to the door. 

Mr. Ajayi - How are you doing sweetheart?

N - It just... hurts.

I was trying to catch by breath but it was still pretty difficult. He looked at me worried. 

Mr. Ajayi - Oh, Nick. Nothing in this world can prepare you for the nasty homophobic people that still, unfortunately, exist. 

I silently cried. 

Mr. Ajayi - You should probably talk about it with Charlie. I'm sure he would-

N - No. He can't know about this. I don't want him to have to deal with this too. He's already going through so much stuff... I don't want him to know about this...

Mr. Ajayi - Oh, sweetheart, you can try hiding it all you want but I'm pretty sure that the bruise around your eye is gonna give it away. 

I quickly got my phone out and looked at my reflexion. My eye was slowly turning blue.

N - Fuck. 

Mr. Ajayi - Anyways, Harry and the 2 others that hit you are in the principal's office right now. They're probably gonna get suspended so don't worry about them, okay?

N - Okay...

Mr. Ajayi left the nurse's office and I got checked out. I didn't have anything broken but everything was still very swollen. All I ended up getting was ice, as always. 

When I got back home, Charlie was already back from Tao' place, waiting for me in my room

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

When I got back home, Charlie was already back from Tao' place, waiting for me in my room. As soon as I entered, his jaw dropped.

C - OMG! Baby, what the hell happened? Are you okay?

He stood up right away and hugged me a bit too tight. I flinched.

N - Ouch, fuck! Sorry.

I put a hand to my ribs. He looked at me worried, lifting my shirt up slowly, revealing a giant purple bruise.

C - Nick what the fuck happened? Who did this to you?

N - Charlie, it's nothing... I'm fine. 

He grabbed my waist and I flinched again.

C - You're clearly not okay Nick. 

He sat me down on my bed and rushed downstairs to get more ice. He got back to my room with 2 towels filled with ice. He gave me one to put on my eye and delicately put the other one on my ribs. 

C - Does this hurt?

N - It hurts like hell.

Tears rushed down my face.

C - Tell me what happened.

N - It's fine. You don't have to deal with this. I'll handle it.

C - Nick...

As much as I was trying to make them stop, more tears fell down my face.

N - It was... Harry... and his friends...

His expression changed from worry to pure anger.

C - I'm gonna kill that motherfucker.