1.2 - Abuse

TW - abusive relationship, violence

*Charlie's POV*

My friends still judge me a little when I go to rugby practice every Tuesday, especially Tao. I joined the team before Christmas break just because my therapist said maybe practicing a sport would help distract from everything going on in my head. 

I got to practice today after school. It wasn't my best performance since all I've been thinking about is what happened with Ben earlier. Oh and I just learned that the cute guy sitting next to Ben in form is coincidentally also in the rugby team this year. 

Practice ended early and honestly THANK GOD because I was exhausted. I went to change in the locker room and that's when "handsome red hair guy" introduced himself.

N - Hi. By the way I'm Nick. Nick Nelson. I don't think we've ever seen each other around in the school.

C - No, I don't think so. I would've definitely noticed a guy like you if I had seen you before. 

I immediately blushed, realizing what I had just said. Why did I say that?

C - I'm Charlie Spring. Nice to meet you!

N - Nice to meet you too.

He smiled and I melted. I looked away trying to hide my bright red cheeks while putting on my shirt.

N - "What happened?", Nick said pointing out the slow forming bruises on one of my arms.

I look down to see five little bruises starting to form. Five little bruises that definitely looked like finger prints... Ben...

C - Oh, that's nothing. My older sister and I were messing around the other day, she must've went too harsh with me. 

I quickly put my shirt down and pick up my stuff. I wasn't looking at Nick but I could feel him stare at me, worried.

C - Got to go. See you next Tuesday! Bye.

N - Bye!

I gave him a little smile which he gave back.

I walked towards the music room to relax a little bit before heading home

I walked towards the music room to relax a little bit before heading home. Playing the drums always made me forget about everything. The beat of the drums taking over my heart beat. But to my surprise, Ben was there, sitting on the floor next to my drum set. 

B - Hey handsome. How was practice?

C - Ben. How did you- when- are you stalking me? I tried to let out in a funny way to clear the air.

B - I was just walking by and I saw you coming out of the locker room so I thought you were probably coming here. And I might've also maybe watched you practice. I had nothing else to do and I missed you.

C - Oh, so you did follow me? I thought you were supposed to be home already.

B - I missed you too much. Come here. Kiss me.

He grabbed my arms the same way he did earlier. I flinched.

B - You okay babe?

I nodded gently.

B - Good cause I had no intention on stopping.

His hands wrapped around my arms even tighter. I could feel the tears forming in my eyes before they fell down my cheeks. 

C - Ben, you're hurting me please stop. Ow! Ben stop!

B - Oh shut up Charlie!

Then I felt it, my face was burning. My neck twisted. 

He had just slapped me in the face.