6.2 - Harm

TW - self harm, suicide, anxiety

*Nick's POV*

I got woken up at 2:00 in the morning by a message notification on my phone. I was hopefully praying that it would be Charlie since I had texted him for the whole evening the day before, but got no answer. I picked up my phone and saw Tori's name pop up on my screen. I opened it immediately and read her message. 

That same wave of stress and fear filled up my whole body, so much that I dropped my phone on the ground. My throat closed up and I couldn't breathe. 

Tori: 

Nick. I know you're probably sleeping, but I thought I should let you know... Charlie's in the hospital. I don't want to tell you more through text messages but when you have a chance please answer me as quick as you can.

Without any hesitation, I got up and got dressed. I didn't even want to take the time to answer Tori, I figured I would just go the the hospital right away. I didn't care if it was 2:00 in the morning or if I had school the next day. I just wanted to know what happened to Charlie. I knew he didn't feel very well the night before and, god. I hope nothing bad happened.

I picked up a few things, stuffed it in a backpack and ran to the hospital which was a couple miles from my house, luckily. 

Once I got there, I rushed to the front desk and asked where Charlie was. When I got to the 3rd floor, the first thing I saw was Tori's face, incredibly worried. I ran to her, still not able to breathe very well. 

T - Nick! What are you doing here? I just texted you.

N - I know, I saw your message. What happened? What happened to Charlie? Is he okay?

T - ...

N - Tori?...

T - Calm down and take a seat... please.

I sat down and watched my knees bounce up and down and my hands shake uncontrollably. 

T - Charlie... he... umm... Nick, Charlie cut himself.

My whole head went spinning and I nearly fainted right next to her.

N - What? No, he was... fine. How?... What happened.

T - We found him in the bathtub, unconscious, with a blade next to him. He had almost bled out, but we found him on time. He's alive but...

N - But?

T - We don't know if he's gonna make it. 

I completely stopped breathing and looked at Tori begging for help. My heart was pounding. I couldn't understand what was going on. It was like I didn't want to believe it. The next thing I knew was that I blacked out. 

I woke up in a hospital bed, in panic

I woke up in a hospital bed, in panic. I got up without thinking that I was plugged to one of those monitors. I had to see Charlie. I rushed through the door and walked towards Tori who was sitting in the waiting area. A doctor stopped me mid-way. 

Doctor - Mr. Nelson! You should not be getting up. Go back to your bed right now.

N - I need to see him. I need to see Charlie. I need to see my boyfriend!

At that point, I didn't even realize I was yelling though the whole hospital. At the same moment, another doctor came out of a room.

Doctor - Family of Charlie Spring. He just woke up. He's not fully conscious, but he has demanded two people by the name of Tori and Nick.

I looked at Tori, then at the doctor. I unplugged whatever the hell was plugged to me and ran into the room. I rushed to the side of the bed and held his hand. His eyes were closed but I could tell he could hear me.

N - Omg, Charlie!

Tears flooded down my cheeks.

C - Nick?