nightmare

I opened my eyes, revealing a dark, blue dim night above me. I somehow felt some one else beside me, and sure enough, I was right. Yuu was right there, asleep like a baby. But what I didn't understand was, why wasn't he in his room..?

I didn't have any issues with that though, I was just worried he might have sleeping problems. I'll probably ask him later.

A couple minutes later, he started moving around. I kept watching over him, concerned. My worry increased as he started to sweat, and his expression was a look of worry, fear and anxiety. I got up, resting my head on my hand, not sure to wake him up or not.

But a couple minutes of moving around later, the most concerning part came.

He started mumbling to himself, saying stuff like "it's not me" and "it was never me". I wondered what that meant.

*Yuu's pov*

Another night terror..

The same exact night terror I keep getting, with red, white themed eyes following me around and saying shitty, guilt stuff like " it was all you" and "you were the reason". I keep on running, moving around and sweating.

One thing that confused me though, was that if I was to sleep with someone (not the weird way just, sleeping beside someone), them stupid night Terrors wouldn't appear. That's why I decided to sleep with IIhaya, even though I was worried I would annoy him. But I'm sure he wouldn't be, at least I hope he won't be.

Before the night terror ended, the red eyes all combined and formed a portrait of.. Him.

I cried,screamed,sobbed my way through a whole panic attack and memory attack, until I was awoken by IIhaya.

*IIhaya's pov*

My worry increased as he started crying, until he screamed at the top of his lungs, and I had to wake him up.

He woke up with cold sweat streaming down his face, wide eyed and eyes red from fear. He looked up at me, and let out a sigh of relief.

" Are you ok?! What happened?" I asked, concern obvious in my voice.

He didn't reply. Instead, he moved his head onto my chest, then sobbed away. I didn't move, instead I moved my hand up to his back and rubbed his back up and down to calm him down.

"Yuu, what happened?" I asked again, hoping to get a reply this time.

"Sorry.. I often get night terrors.. You can go back to sleep, "  he said, looking up to meet my gaze. He was still crying, but that didn't cover his beauty. He was still the goofy, cute Yuu I know, but a little vulnerable. He stayed by my side earlier today and kept me company, so it was up to me to comfort him.

"No it's okay, I woke up myself anyway, " I reasssured him. I held his face up, meeting my gaze.

"If you need anyone I'm.. Here for you, " I told him with a small smile.
   He looked mesmerized, like he has just seen an alien in front of him. He sniffled, then returned the smile.

I guided his head over to my shoulder, just so he can rest his cute head after getting tortured by fear.

After some time, I heard him mumble.

"Yatchan? " he called out.

"Yeah?" I said.

"Thank you.. Thanks alot, " he thanked me, looking up with a smile.

My cheeks flushed a tint of pink, seeing his smile under the blue dim light of the moon. I returned the smile, then rested my head in his.

"IIhaya?"

"Hm?"

"I Love you. "

...

He.. Said.. WHAT?

"Wh-what?"

"I love you.. As a friend, of course!! " he said with correction, shaking his hands in the air.
  There goes his adorable reaction again.

I chuckled, then nodded.

He grinned nervously, then made a little 'I'm disappointed in myself' expression. I found it cute like him, of course.

"I love you too, Yuu, " I replied back, giving him a warm smile.

I grabbed him by his shoulder, then pulled him into a hug. He hugged back, wrapping his small arms around me.

After we pulled back from the hug, we sat there in awkward silence. Neither of us had anything to do or say, so it felt pretty much awkward.

But sometime after, Yuu looked at me with a blush. He didn't want to be noticed, but I did notice him staring. He looked away, flustered. I smiled at his reaction. But this time he moved over to me, then held my shoulders. He was staring at me menacingly, like he was piercing arrows at my soul. I got a little nervous, wondering what he would do to me.

He leaned closer, then closed distance between us. His forehead was touching mine, and he guided my hand towards his shoulder. My eyes we're wide open but I didn't want to pull back. He put his hands back on the side of my neck, pulling me closer to him.

"IIhaya.. " he called out.

"Y-yeah? " I replied.

"Are you.. Ok? " he asked.

I was confused at first, but then I smiled at him and took his hand.

" I couldn't be more ok."

He let out a breathy laugh, then looked back at my eyes. I wanted to kiss him right then, but I was sure it would be awkward for both of us.

We sat there, relaxed. None of us wanted to pull back, if anything I was sure both of us wanted to stay like that the whole night.

After a few seconds, Yuu yawned. I giggled, then brushed my hand over his cheek.

"Someone's tired, isn't it? " I stated, smiling at him.

"Yeah.. " he said, with a cute crying expression.

"Let's head to bed. " I recommended.

"Can we? " he asked.

"Of course, why not? " I told him.

"In that case, " He said, laying down and covering himself under the covers, "let's go to sleep. "

I smiled, stripped my shirt off and laid down with him, then held his hand and brushed my thumb over his cheek.

We both lay there, looking at each other in awkward but comfortable silence.

"Goodnight IIhaya, " he smiled, then snugglee over to my chest, making himself smaller out of cold. I wrapped my arms around him, then said,
  "Goodnight, Yuu."