Late night Talks

Note: Heart to heart~ Don't forget to leave a vote or comment!!

Words of the heart

"I haven't stopped thinking about you. It's like you put a spell on me."

Talbott let out a frustrated sigh as he stared at his journal, eyebrows knitted together. He had been attempting to put his feelings into words for y/n, but every attempt seemed inadequate. It was as if the words were escaping him, and he couldn't find the right words to express himself.

"No, not this." He muttered to himself as he ripped off another page and crumbled it, throwing it behind his bed. His brow was furrowing again as he tried to concentrate.

The quill in his hand was scribbling repeated words on another page when he heard a voice behind him. Andre, his dormmate, appeared behind him, peeking at his journal with a mischievous glint in his eye. Embarrassed, Talbott quickly closed his journal.

"What's that, Talbott?" Andre teased as he leans away and raised a brow at the crumbled papers on Talbott's bed. "Is that a confession letter?" he teased.

Talbott's cheeks grew warm, and he shook his head. "No, it's not a confession letter." he replied, his voice tinged with embarrassment. "Just some... thoughts."

Andre's grin widened as he crossed his arms and leaned on the bed frame, regarding his friend. "Thoughts about someone special, perhaps?" Talbott didn't respond, but the look on his face was enough to answer him. He knew that Andre was quite good at figuring him out and wouldn't let this go easily, probably.

Andre chuckled softly as he saw how uncomfortable the other boy was. "Don't worry, my friend. Your secrets are safe with me. But if you ever need some advice in matters of the heart, you know where to find me." he said as he gestured at his bed, next to Talbott's.

Talbott nodded at him as he watched Andre settle down on his own bed. He was grateful that Andre had been understanding, even if he was teasing him. He also considered Andre's offer; it could help him sort out his feelings.

With a sigh, Talbott looked down at his journal, then back to Andre. He stood up to walk towards his friend.

"Hey, Andre...?" he began, his voice soft and hesitant.

Andre turned his attention to Talbott and raised an eyebrow, teasingly saying, "Oh! Seeking me out seconds later? What's up?"

Talbott mentally prepared himself. This was the first time, or maybe the second, that he would be opening up about his feelings for Y/N to someone other than Penny. Penny had known him for a long time, he thought.

Talbott was silent for a while; he then took a deep breath and began, "I've been... thinking about something, Andre." He hesitated for a moment, gathering his thoughts. "It's about y/n."

Andre raised an eyebrow, his expression shifting from playful to attentive. "Y/n? What about her?"

Talbott's voice was low, but still enough for Andre to hear, "Well, you see, I've been spending a lot of time with her, and... I can't stop thinking about her. It's like she's always on my mind."

Andre's eyes sparkled with curiosity, replacing his earlier serious stance. "Go on..."

"It's just that... she's so amazing." Talbott continued, his voice softer and his cheeks red. "Her bravery, her kindness, her everything—and I can't help but feel drawn to her."

Andre leaned in with a warm, encouraging smile. "Talbott, are you saying what I think you're saying?"

Talbott nodded, his heart pounding. "I... I have feelings for her, Andre."

Andre chuckled as he clapped Talbott on the shoulder. "Well, my friend, it's good that you're in love."

Talbott let out a nervous chuckle, looking around to see if it was just them at their dorm. Seeing that it was just the two of them. He gave Andre a smile and said, "Yeah, thanks."

"You deserve happiness, and if y/n makes you feel that way, then you should tell her." Andre offered.

"Yeah, about that..." Talbott began, scratching the back of his head in embarrassment. Andre's eyes landed on his journal, and then he nodded in understanding, a supportive smile forming on his face.

"Haven't got the courage to confess yet?" Andre asked, as the other boy nodded in response.

Talbott's mind then made him remember that Andre had taken y/n as his date to the Celestial Ball. "Are you okay, though?" he inquired.

"Okay, about what? You asking my... our friend as your girlfriend?" Andre chuckled and shook his head. "You should ask Rowan about that; she's the one who's overprotective of Y/N, almost like she's her mother."

"No... I mean, you asked her out as your date to the Celestial Ball, right?" Talbott clarified.

Andre chuckled, shaking his head. "Oh, that? Well, it wasn't exactly a romantic date, you know," he explained.

"We agreed to accompany each other mainly because she wanted to help me advertise the dress I made for her. It was a great opportunity to showcase my work. After the ball, at least ten people approached me to get their dresses and dress robes made by me, all thanks to Y/N being my perfect model. She'll always be my muse..." Andre paused, then gave Talbott a mischievous smirk. "But I think I'll have to design some new outfits for her now, especially a couple's outfit."

Talbott felt his face flush as Andre playfully hinted at the idea of designing couple outfits for him and Y/N. However, he was still struggling with the idea of confessing his feelings, and he couldn't find the right words to explain his predicament. "I can't... I just don't know how to," he stammered, his voice trailing off in uncertainty.

Andre leaned back, his expression thoughtful. "You know, Talbott, there's no one-size-fits-all approach to confessing your feelings to someone," he mused. "But let me give you some advice. Just be sincere and be yourself. Y/N is kind and values honesty, just like you do. Speak from the heart."

Talbott nodded, his mind racing with different ideas and fears. "But what if she doesn't feel the same way?" he asked, his voice barely audible.

Andre offered an encouraging smile. "Well, you won't know until you try," he replied. "And honestly, from what I've observed, you and Y/N have a certain chemistry that's hard to ignore. I mean, I've literally seen you flying around her while she looks at you, which, by the way, makes me still bummed out that she got to know that you're an Animagus first before me! You're dormmate?!" he added, alluding to Talbott's Animagus form, which he had been revealed to when Talbott confessed that he's an Animagus and had transformed into an eagle.

"But yeah, be yourself! That's what matters, and I think whatever the outcome is, you'll like it," Andre said in encouragement.

Talbott took Andre's words to heart and nodded. "Thanks, Andre. I appreciate your support," he said with a small, grateful smile.

Andre patted him on the back. "Anytime, buddy. You got this," he said, offering one last reassuring smile before leaving Talbott to contemplate his feelings and how to confess them to Y/N.

"So... are you going to ask for her hand from Rowan?"

To be continued.

A/N: Thanks for reading!! Sorry for the long wait, I'll try to update more. See you for the next chapter!!