Auror Duties

Note: Another reveal~ starring Tonks! Don't forget to vote and/or comment!

Newfound courage

Talbott strolled towards the courtyard, and as he approached, he couldn't help but notice the unmistakable sounds of laughter. Intrigued, he discovered the source of it—Tonks and Penny engaged in a loud and lively conversation.

Tonks, as a metamorphmagus likes to use her ability whenever she likes it, and it was also a bonus for her when she was pranking. He saw her using her ability by changing her hair. Her flamingo pink hair transformed into different shades of colour.

But her transformation wasn't just in her hair. Tonks had also altered her face, turning her nose into a pig's snout and then a bird's beak and back to her original nose. It made her conversation partner giggle as she also altered the sound coming from her mouth depending on what animal she had used. She wasn't done yet; feeling more playful, he saw her arms elongate, morphing into an octopus' tentacles that she swayed up and down on her side. Their laughter echoed all around the courtyard, both disturbing and eliciting sniggers from the students. That made Tonks grin mischievously as she circled around to either gross out or scare off the students. Which then made the other students leave. In a minute, the courtyard became empty with only Penny, Tonks, and Talbott, who had approached the two Hufflepuffs.

He wasn't supposed to join them, but Penny spotted him and waved him over. Thinking that it would be fine to spend a bit of time with the blonde-haired girl.

When he was near them, he watched cautiously as Tonks displayed more of her creative transformation on herself. Their eyes met, and Tonks playfully altered her face to his likeness. Earning a suppressed laugh from Penny, Talbott rolls his eyes with an unamused look. Despite his apparent lack of interest in finding her antics funny, she kept on.

She, still with Talbott's face, swayed her tentacle arms as she greeted him. "Hey there, Talbott! Oh, should I say... imposter?" Penny laughed as she saw how funny it looked to see Talbott's face speaking with a different voice. But seeing as Talbott remained stoic as he watched Tonks revert to her own face, Talbott then made a face. "Your nose..." Penny looks at Tonks' face and laughs harder. Tonks has changed her face, but her nose didn't change back to her own; actually, she has no nose. It was just like two holes, like snakes.

Seeing the disgusted look from Talbott made the metamorphmagus laugh and change it back to normal. They looked around to see that the place was now quiet except for the two girls' laughter. They then made their way to sit down at the fountain, stating that standing around was tiring.

"I saw you scaring off the other students. That's kind of convenient when you need the place for yourself," Talbott said conversationally, although awkwardly. He was trying. He had promised himself to try and be more friendly or approachable—well, for the people he knows, not strangers. He wants to build up his confidence now that he understands himself a bit. Ever since he saw that vision in the reflection of the Mirror of Erised, he thought to himself that he would try to open up and trust the people he knows he truly knows. The good way to start is with the people he always encounters—y/n's group of friends.

"Yep, trying to clear out the courtyard, one wild transformation at a time!" Tonks exclaimed proudly.

"I would like to have that ability somehow..." Talbott admits as he tries to give the pink-haired girl a small smile. "It would come in handy to clear out crowds." he added, making it clear that he doesn't like large gatherings.

Penny giggled, her eyes filled with amusement. "You and your dislike of crowds, Talbott. It's almost like you're allergic to people." She playfully nudged him, earning a nonchalant shrug from the Ravenclaw boy. Tonks, now with colourful hair chimed in, said, "Hey, some of us enjoy the chaos of a large crowd. It's like, full of potential pranks, and it feels like a party!"