Gift

Note: Enjoy~ Please leave a vote or comment!

A gift of friendship

Talbott found himself on a pleasant day, considering a change of scenery. He decided to engage in a bit of people-watching. While he generally preferred spending time alone without any humans in his vicinity, it didn't mean he despised the presence of others entirely. He could tolerate being in a crowd to a certain extent, particularly if those individuals were people he knew and trusted. Occasionally, he even found that spending time with certain people would also make him feel relaxed, as long as they respected his space and didn't intrude upon his peace and quiet.

Talbott quietly made his way towards the Clocktower Courtyard; he had anticipated the possibility of a small crowd during this time of day. However, he was surprised to find only a handful of students scattered around the area. He still welcomed the scarce area—fewer people meant less noise and a reduced likelihood of someone infringing upon his favourite spot.

A rare smile touched his lips as he approached the tree he often perched under when he was having his reading sessions. With the courtyard peacefully half-empty, he felt a sense of contentment settle over him as he settled into his preferred spot.

He positioned himself in the vines and leaves of the tree in a way that allowed him to remain mostly hidden, especially to those who didn't look closely. He opened his journal, a sacred space for his poetry, and began observing the students in the courtyard.

He watched below. He hoped to find inspiration in the area he was in, feeling confident that a perfect day such as this would give him the creativity he needs. He had plenty of time to spare, so he was in no rush. The peaceful atmosphere of the courtyard provided the ideal backdrop for his musings.

As time passed, Talbott's quill rested in his hand after finishing his third poem. Despite the peaceful atmosphere of the courtyard and the various activities of his fellow students, he couldn't shake the feeling that something was still missing.

He continued to observe the people he knew, noticing Tonks and Tulip Karasu hatching plans for pranks and mischief, Penny captivating her peers with her extensive knowledge of potions, and Andre Egwu lost in his own world, humming and sketching creative clothing designs.

Despite the bustling activity around him, none of it seemed to provide the missing piece he was searching for to complete his day with one more poem.

As Talbott continued to search for that missing spark of inspiration, his desire for something out of the ordinary and less routine grew stronger. He tuned out the voices of other students that occasionally reached his ears, dismissing them as mundane and uninteresting.

However, just when he was about to give up and allow himself to relax and just enjoy the day, a sound cut through the air—a laugh. It was a laugh that he recognised, one that he only hears whenever he hangs out with one particular person. That one particular person that laughs abundantly inside the Great Hall; a muffled giggle inside the Library; a hearty laugh while holding a cup of Butterbeer. In fact, he couldn't count the number of times he had heard it. It was Y/N's laughter.

Talbott's heart warmed as he considered how hearing Y/N's laughter a few times, particularly since the day she had helped him with his necklace, always made his days less dull. Perhaps it was because he often sought to be in places away from human interaction, which explains how quite and boring he spends his time, but whenever he hears her laughter, even if he or she crosses paths on the corridors or in the same place, nonetheless, her laughter was a welcome and delightful sound, and it brought a genuine smile to his face.

He shifted his gaze downward, scanning the courtyard in search of her. There, he spotted her, engaged in a cheerful conversation with the Weasley brothers, Bill and Charlie, with her friend Rowan at her side.