𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒊𝒇𝒕𝒚-𝒆𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕

Start from the beginning

"Did you find anything else about the book?" he asked.

"No. Instead, I just watched my mother threaten to torture a child which unfortunately wasn't that unusual" she said, as she walked over to him. "Look, Killian, I know that something happened between you and the sea witch. And that's fine. But I don't like that you're lying to me about it."

"Aye, love. You're right. I haven't been entirely forthright with you. Truth is, I remember my history with Ursula and it was ugly" he told her.

"Please don't tell me you two had a thing," Katherine said, a grimace on her face.

"No. Worse" he sighed.

"Killian, I know how hard you're trying to not be that person anymore and you know that I believe in you. But you know that I, out of all people, would never judge you for anything you've done" she said.

"But you're trying to be a better person too. I don't want my past to drag us both down" he said.

"It won't. Do you remember what you said when you gave me this necklace? That whenever I felt the darkness closing in I just had to remind myself of the part it could never have. The part that belongs to you. I want to be the same thing for you" she said.

"You are" he promised, holding onto her hand.

"Katherine!" Turning around they saw Emma, Mary Margaret, and David running toward them.

"What now?" Katherine sighed.

"We have some pretty bad news. Turns out Cruella and Ursula were up to something" David said.

"They resurrected Maleficent," Mary Margaret said.

"What?! How? I thought you killed her while she was a dragon?" Katherine said, looking at Emma.

"Dragon? I thought she was some sort of mummified beast" Killian said.

"Whatever she was, she's back to her old self now," David said.

"And as long as she's in town, no one is safe," Mary Margaret said.

"I don't get it. Why are these witches waging war against us?" Emma asked.

David and Mary Margaret glanced at each other as if they were trying to come up with a good answer.

"Because they're villains. And we're heroes" Mary Margaret said, trying to make it as black and white as possible.

But Katherine knew it was never that simple.

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

After getting a message from Mary Margaret, Katherine walked through the park to the pond where she was told to meet.

"So, you wanna tell me why we're out here in the middle of the night?" Katherine asked.

"It's about Maleficent. Her, Cruella, and Ursula. They want to destroy our happy endings. All of them" Mary Margaret said.

"Obviously. And do you know how exactly they plan on doing that?" Katherine asked.

"That's where you come in. We need to find out what they're planning. We need to get someone close to them. Someone they believe to be a villain. We want you to go undercover with them and help us stop their plans" she said.

"Why me and not my mother?" Katherine asked.

"I know about your history with Maleficent. How she used to mentor you" she said.

"And she'd never buy it. They'll think I'm a full-fledged hero now" Katherine said.

"Make them believe. If anyone can at least pretend to be bad, it'd be you" she said.