𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚-𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓

"She didn't even want to go in that place

"She didn't even want to go in that place. I should've listened to her" Killian said, cradling Katherine's body in his arms. The black blood coming from her nose had only gotten worse.

"You couldn't have known," Emma said.

"I should've," he said. "When I broke my deal with Pan by not bringing her to him I should've known that she'd be in danger on this island."

"What would Pan want with her anyway?" Neal asked. "He didn't tell me," Killian said. "But I'll never forgive myself if she doesn't wake up."

"She'll wake up," Emma said. "She's a fighter. You know that."

Before he could say anything, Mary Margaret and David walked back with Regina in tow. They had also apparently found Gold.

"What happened?" Regina asked, running over to Katherine.

"You didn't tell me my father was here" Neal whispered to Emma. "I forgot," she said.

"Pan's shadow. It tried ripping out her heart " Killian said. "Where was this?" Gold asked.

"Dark Hollow," he said.

"It took advantage of the darkness in her," Gold said. "Regina you need to pull out her heart to check on it."

"No! I am not ripping out my daughter's heart!" she exclaimed. "You will if you want her to live," Gold said.

Regina looked at him and frowned before turning back to Katherine's body. "Place her on the ground," she said.

"You can't be serious?" Killian said.

"She'll be okay. I can put it back in" Regina said. Killian was hesitant but gently set her on the ground, keeping a tight grip on her hand.

As gently as one could rip out a heart, Regina pushed her hand into her chest and pulled out her heart, gasping when she did. "No" she mumbled.

"Why the hell does it look like that?" Emma said.

Her entire heart was black, save for a tiny spot in the middle.

"The darkness," Gold said. "It's nearly taken over."

"What happens if it takes over?" Killian asked. "She dies" Regina mumbled. "How the hell did it get like this?"

Not even Regina's was that black.

"Her secret," Mary Margaret said, remembering what she said in Echo Cave. "She thinks she's unloved. Void remember?"

"But she's not!" Killian shouted.

"Not by you. She knows that" Emma said before looking at Regina and Gold. "But you two..."

"Of course I love her!" Regina exclaimed. "Well she doesn't know that!" Emma said. Neal turned to Gold, roughly grabbing his arm.