CHAPTER XXI

Ego sat on some luxury chair with glass of grape squash in his hand. "Good work in your first match, you neo egoists." He says.

"Well, Blue Lock. How was your first taste of the wider world? The world of pros is game of musical chairs. Players enter into fully established teams and they don't get to work unless they can steal a position and each team has their own water known as philosophy," he adds while spinning the glass of yummy grape squash.

"Rationality, freedom, order.... there's more than one way to survive in the water. Will you die in agony by being unsuitable to the water or adapt to it and thrive?" 

"Or will you dye it to match your own colors?"

"In any case, escape is an option too. Nobody is forcing you. They say, running away from an unsuitable situation is the best choice. But, now you've come to understand how to fight in the neo egoist league." He smirks.

"It's the end of match one. So we'll announce the rankings." He says as he takes a sip from the grape squash.

"Your annual salary. Currently, all of the neo egoist league matches are being observed by the world's soccer club owners. And all your plays are being checked and after each match, they submit bids and the highest bid will prove your worth. This is our new ranking system." He says.

Isagi- 17,000,000¥
Y/n- 96,000,000¥
Bachira- 32,000,000¥
Kunigami- 24,000,000¥
Kaiser- 300,000,000¥

After blabbing stuff, he adds one more thing, "This is the super entertainment, known as Blue Lock TV that's being broadcast to the entire world."

"The world's soccer fans are anxiously awaiting the birth of a hero. So rejoice, you lumps of talent. Right now, Blue Lock is undeniably the hottest place for soccer in the world."

On the screen, it plays match of Ubers against PXG, and Rin was on the spotlight, his long slutty lashes, handsome face, determined eyes.... everything was on display.

Seeing Rin made your heart beat faster, and unusual smile formed on your lips, you were happy to see him.. even if it's seeing on the screen. But the fact that this is reality show and he must be developing unusual fangirls all around the world bothered you more than stealing a position to stay in Blue Lock's Neo Egoist League, especially in Bastard München.

"Ego you crazy sick bastard." You smiled at him. "Thanks for the compliment, Y/n," He replies.

"So Isagi's salary is seventeen million while Y/n's is ninety six million?" Nagi asks while staring at the screen with his wet hair being dried by his hand with a towel.

"Money collecting system... using reality show. No wonder so many stars are here." Reo comments.

BL RANKING:
1. Y/n- ¥ 63,000,000
2. Rin- ¥36,000,000
3. Bachira- ¥32,000,000
4. Kunigami- ¥24,000,000
5. Shidou- ¥20,000,000
6. Isagi- ¥17,000,000.... tap to see more...

"I'm getting fired up," Nagi says,

"Okay, okay." Reo says,

"Got it." Chigiri replies as his index finger ruffles his hair.

THE THIRD GAME;

ENGLAND'S MANCITY VS GERMANY'S BASTARD MÜNCHEN.

Chigiri was focusing on his speed, Reo on his stability, and Nagi on his durability and strength.

On the other hand, Isagi was also having hard time because Y/n, Michael Kaiser, Noel Noa and Bachira were far ahead of his league.

"How to get stronger, dammit." He quietly mumbles. He is carrying all the burden yet somehow envious of Kaiser. Why? Because Kaiser can devour Y/n, not him.

Was his overthinking side started to take over him? Isagi didn't know what to do. Little did he know, you knew what was happening to him and wanted to reach out him.

"Yoichi?" you asked while taking a seat beside him.
"Oh.. y/n, hey?" he softly replies.

"Do you know.... it takes a lot of time to evolve? I see many potential in you, each time or each goals you brought to Blue Lock is a progress and you should appreciate it, because all the hardwork you had done in the past is showing its result. You might have your hope crushed because of Kaiser or others but don't let it crush your hope. Be more selfish, egotistical. This is Blue Lock, and you need to do your best to be the greatest striker in the world." Isagi was moved by your words, after all you came here to make him feel better.

"Thanks.... I don't know how to thank you other than just saying thanks." He says with an awkward laugh.

You let out a small laugh as well, "Don't thank me."

Others walked into the changing room, and Kurona sat beside you.

"Rich start you have there, Y/n." He pats your back as you smile.

"Aww, you will get your own value soon, so don't worry."

After some time in the changing room, "Fine, but that doesn't change the fact that you disappointed me, Isagi-kun." Yukimiya adds while taking steps closer.

"Heyyyyy, what gives? That ain't you." Gin says.
"You're being unusually fiesty, Yukimiya-kun." Hiori adds.

"Yeah, I made an assist but that play was a stop on the way to becoming a striker. Wouldn't you have done the same in my place?" Isagi replies.

"No, I wouldn't. I wouldn't feel good about a pass like that." Yukimiya replied, glaring at him.

"Welp, that was atleast better than giving the ball to Kaiser." You added.

"It's not like I feel good about it. That was the result of me focusing on a challenge in my own way. I didn't regret that choice but it did make me aware of my own weakness."

"Then you should've accepted defeat like a big boy. An assist is just a cheap haircut." Yukimiya replied, his eyes piercing through his glasses to Isagi.

"What gives? Looking for a fight?" Isagi stands up, which you followed immediately.

"Not really, I'm just telling how I feel. Then tell me about your ideals after you put them into action." Yukimiya answered.

"If pretty words were enough to steal a starting spot, then even an idiot could do it. You're not seeing reality!" Isagi said, he was mad at Yukimiya for mumbling nonsense.

"Don't thing that your justice is accepted by everyone. I'll fight and die before I lose sight of my own ideals." Yukimiya adds.

"Just try it, you softy." Isagi yells, and you pulled him back to sit down.

"Sit, Yoichi."

Then, the worst happened. Kaiser walked in shirtless while knocking.

"Ya, sorry to interrupt your little party. But one thing. If you hate Isagi that much, then follow me, Kenyu." He said while running his fingers through his hair.

"Get the fuck out-" Raichi was about to send Kaiser back but, "Putting your nose into others matters.... you're still the same, Michael." You said, but your vision stayed on your nails, checking if they're broken.

"My, my Y/n..." Kaiser takes a step closer, "You have forgotten one thing, haven't you, liebling?"