Chapter: II

"Y/n!" a scream of someone with bob cut called out her name. It was obvious, the ball, the position and everything it was telling you to kick Kira. But the ball was stolen by Kunigami. I think he was still pissed at how dirty that Bachira played.

When Kunigami kicked the ball, Isagi Yoichi. The boy who got my interest happened to get the ball, without giving me a second,

"Go on, Queen." Isagi passed to me, again the feeling that I felt from Bachira's pass was at there again but much stronger than it.

And with that BOOM. Kira was on the floor, the time has stopped.

"Why? Why would you do that?!!!" Kira stumbles as he tries to get up, sadly no one was there to help him up.

Clapping came from the screen on the wall, I looked up to see Ego's face, he was grinning like a madman.

"Diamonds in the rough, only results matter here.
Ego says.

"Losers, lock off."

"Kira Ryosuke, you are disqualified." Ego declares as you frown.

"This. this is bullshit. How is it possible for my future career to lie in tatters huh all because of some shitty game?!" Kira yells at Ego.

"I'm Japanese soccer's jewel in the crown! You're telling me that Kamishiro girl, Igarashi and Isagi-kun are more talented than me? Huh?!" Kira exclaims.

"Why does this silly game of tag even matter?! What does it have to do with soccer?!"

"In Blue Lock, everything has something to do with soccer. Look around you Mr. Mediocre Elite. The room you are in is the same size as the penalty area. If you can't do your work in this space," Ego says.

"What he is tryna say is, Kira you are no fitted for being striker." I said without even caring about his thought or others.

"D-Don't give me that crap! Tag is nothing like soccer!" Kira yells angrily.

"If you're the one running away, you need a keen sense of quite some space, strategies, and positioning. If you're the one doing the chasing, your dribbling and aim must be precise and the quality of your kicks must be high. That makes it an excellent soccer training drill, loser." Ego explains.

"Even so, how can you know anything about me in just two minutes?! A soccer match is 90 minutes!" Kira's yelling echoed in the room.

"As far as my father taught me, the total amount of time any player spends on the ball in a 90-minute game is about 136 seconds and it might be lesser than that. But you wasted the chance that was given to as equality to everyone, Kira." I said.

"B-but nothing could be changed in those last ten seconds-"

"Would you say the same if this were a real match?
When the ball hit you, there was still one second remaining on the clock. You could've survived if you blasted it at the immobile Igarashi. But you didn't see it. In a way, it was the last play before the final whistle. The moment her shot hit you, you accepted defeat. You missed your chance by not taking that extra step to victory. Whoever is "it" in this game of tag might be the loser if he or she holds onto the ball for too long."

"But he or she might also be the winner, as only they have the power to choose who is hit next. Isagi Yoichi trusted someone ranked higher than him, not the fallen Igarashi. Bachira Meguru stole the ball of him and went after the strongest guy. That's a selfish obsession with victory that isn't affected by the groups common sense. That's the egoism of the striker I'm looking for. You lost because you ran away from it. Kira Ryosuke, LOCK OFF."

"This is how victory feels like.?" Igarashi mumbles,

"This is not even close to it, consider it as a luck just because I didn't hit you, Monk."

"Everytime you get a taste of that pleasant sensation, your ego grows. That will make you grow into the world's greatest striker." Ego smirks.

"Congratulations. You have passed the first selection of Blue Lock."

"There are eleven of you in this room, all of you will be living together. At times, you'll work together as a team in order to win. Other times, you'll have to betray each other as an enemies. Remember. You all are rivals in"

"Blue Lock
Team Z" Ego disappears. Rest of the team Z was crowding you, you weren't used to it.

"What?-"
"You are indeed look like your father." Raichi says which caught me offguarded.
"How long have you been playing Kamishiro?" The boy with bob cut, I believe it was Bachira Megumi or something to do with Megu.

"Since I was 3 years old." I replied as I take a sip from the bottle of water.
"Huh? Wow, that's a pretty much long time?!" Isagi exclaimed.
"It has been 14 years ever since I started practice soccer so yeah. Long time."

"How is like to have great player as your father?" Kuon asks,
"It's just like a father, nothing special."

"So um is your mom also athlete?"
"She was, now she's just a couch for the children who are going to be athlete."

"Haaa, must be nice." Isagi muttered.
"Well, I'm gonna take a shower. Don't. You. Dare. Come. In." I said as I collect everything I need from the locker.

"Yes ma'am." they replied in unison when I left the room.

"Y/n?" a familiar voice called me, when I look up to see it was one and only Itoshi Rin. The boy who I played soccer with for 14 years.

"Rin?" I blinked twice just to make sure that I was recieving it right.
"Didn't expect that you would really come here. But I'll let you know that I'll beat Sae." he replies.

"Then prove me right, handsome." I said as I turn back and leave.

Itoshi Rin's POV:
I realized that her rank was two. Mine is not one.. who it might be? Would that person be that so-called diamond? If she joins me... I"ll make that possible. Well Y/n, let me be your wing, so that you will fly more higher.

To be continued.