CHAPTER V

3rd person POV:

"My weapon is my magnificent shooting techniques," Raichi says, pointing a thumb toward himself. "And my motto is: "Sexy soccer!".

" "Se. xy s-soccer" ?" You mumble while covering your mouth, trying your best not to laugh.

"Mine is getting in behind." Asahi says with his usual carefree attitude.

"Mine is...being physical." Gagamaru says.
"I'm an all-rounder." Iemon says.

"Mine is my never give up! attitude!" Igarashi exclaims.

"Mine's the power in my left-footed shots."
Kunigami speaks.

"Mine's my speed and technique." Yudai smiles proudly.

" Mine's...dr billing.." Bachira sways side from side tiredly, before finally falling and going to sleep instantly, causing you to giggle a bit.

"Dribbling." Kuon writes on the paper. "Mine's jumping. Who's next?" Kuon asks and you point at Isagi.

"Yoichi." You say as Isagi seems to break out of a trance upon hearing his name.

"Uh, my weapon? Oh, hm...I wonder what it is...
Isagi scratches his chin, his eyes moving side from side nervously.

"Your passing?" Igarashi asks with a snort.

"No, I can't say that as a striker." Isagi turns to look at Igarashi

"The fact that you don't even know means you're doomed. Next!" Raichi exclaims with his face resting on his fist.

"Hold on!" Isagi exclaims nervously, while you sway from side to side.

"When's it gonna be my turn?" You utter to yourself.

"Well, tell us when you think of something." Kuon says, writing something down on the small notepad. "Last of all, Chigiri, Y/n?" He asks.

"Not telling..." Chigiri says.

"Hah?! But, that's the whole point of this conversation!" Igarashi almost yells at him.

"If he doesn't want to, he doesn't have to." You say, with a little disappointed face.

"Whatever. Let's just ignore the selfish queen over there." Raichi digs in his ear with his pinky finger.

"Guess we'll have to. What about you, Y/n?" Kuon turns to you.

"I'm gonna be honest. I have a lot." You smirk as Kuon nods.

"That's alright." Kuon smiles softly.

"Well, I guess I'd have to say my weapon is...my agility, speed, strength, metavision, ball control, dribbling, field control. Hmm I think that's all." You list them out while Kuon writes.

"Wait, metavision? What is that?" You stop talking as you glance over on your side, causing you to turn toward Isagi.

"Metavision is ability that you have Yoichi. Let me say, your weapon is smelling goal in other words. But if you gain, or get used to that weapon, it develop into metavision, not everyone has it. You are lucky one."

Isagi blushes at all the first name basis.

"But if everyone just does what they want, won't it end up like the last game?" Iemon asks.

"Can we really win if we do what Ego tells us to do?" Gagamaru questions, laying down on his side next to Asahi

"Even with weapons, if we aren't coordinated, they're meaningless." Asahi says.

"Why don't we come up with a strategy where all of us can shine? I think it's better that way!" You smile as Isagi nods in agreement.

The room goes silent as everyone thinks about techniques, or maybe just thinking in general.

"Hm... I see." Kuon says as your attention goes back to him. "Yeah, this might work. This way, well all get an equal chance." Kuon writes in the notepad.

"With this strategy, we might win." Kuon stands up.

"Operation: "Next Up, It's Me" eleven!"

Everyone continued to train, trying to get a grip on the strategy and work together, so it doesn't end up as the last game.

Lose and that's your soccer career. I feel this simple fact has made us come together as a team.

"Natto"

Isagi grabs his tray and "dessert" before sitting down at the table.

"I'm super late for dinner." He mumbles to himself.
"It's been a week since I came to Blue Lock.
Honestly, nothing's helping my confidence. I don't have any weapons to be proud of." He thinks, looking up at the ceiling.

"Hey, Yoichi." He hears a certain voice causing him to turn his head.

"Oh, hey, Y/n." He says as you sit down next to him. "You're late for dinner too?" He asks.

"Yeah, I trained longer and I had to take a long hot shower." You smile. That's when Isagi looks down and his eyes almost pop out of their sockets.

"You- you just smiled...! It was rare to see!"

"Is it that rare? I smile often didn't you see it?" you replied causing Isagi backward a bit.

"Eh-? But we are pretty late for dinner right?" he says as he digs in his natto. "But you seems like have a privilege, I mean you are eating various foods you know," he mumbles while chewing.

"Yeah, I'm a girl, and I have built different from boys. I need daily protein to get my energy back. Also girls have periods, so that we need to eat healthy foods." You laugh nervously.

He nods and turns back to his food, frowning, which you noticed

"Is everything okay?" You ask as you start dig into your ramen.
"Yeah, it is. I just um... I wish I was as strong as you."Isagi says before eating some natto.

"You can, Yoichi. "Think that you can do it all, make clear path for your dream, every single thing is possible if you take it as it." It was how my father used to make me stronger." You smile softly as Isagi does too.

"That's right. But I hope that you can help me though." He smiles at you as your head nods. He brings natto up to his mouth again and sighs. "I'm tired of natto."

"Good work today, Y/n, Isagi."
You look up from your food, and so does Isagi.
"Thanks, you too." You said before going back to eating your food.

"You're still getting natto?" Kunigami questions
Isagi as he laughs nervously.

"That's just how it is when you rank near the bottom. Hey, wait.. you haven't had dinner, either?" Isagi asks.

"I just ate. I came here to talk to you. Didn't expected Y/n would be here, though." Kunigami replies just as you finish your miso soup.

"I can go farther away if you want to talk in private." You say, taking mouthful of rice.

"No, it's fine." Kunigami says and you nod, getting back to eating.

"What did you wanna talk about?" Isagi asks after you.
"I never said thank you." Kunigami says, putting a hand on his neck.
"Huh? For what?"

"Thanks for the pass." Kunigami thanks Isagi.
"Oh, in the last game? That's all?" Isagi asks.

"Yeah. I believe in doing things the right way. Anyways, that's all. Goodnight Isagi, Y/n." Kunigami says and begins to walk away.

"Yoichi, I'll turn you into my masterpiece!"

To be continued..

[A/n]:
Greetings, everyone. I hope all of you are having great day/night. I just wanted to let you know If you have any ideas to be included in the book, please tell me. It would be great to heat about your thoughts.! Wish you all the best.