𝒗𝒊𝒊𝒊. once in a blue moon

Начните с самого начала

        "From all accounts, he lived a low-risk lifestyle. Though jogging in the park alone after dark is pretty high-risk behavior for anyone." JJ explained. "According to his social media, his goal was to run a marathon. He said, 'nothing was going to stop him.'" Garcia informed. "Yeah, well, we all know how that turned out." Rossi commented.

         "Victor Guzman, the victim from last month, is a much different story. He was a member of the Amsterdam crew, which is a particularly violent gang on Manhattan's upper West Side." Matt explained. "You know, some street gangs use aggressive dogs as a weapon to intimidate or instill fear. A rival gang might have targeted Guzman to send a message." Spencer suggested.

       "The jogger had no gang ties, though. But he could have witnessed something in the park while he was running." Casey stated. "Maybe it's a case of wrong place, wrong time." Luke adds.

       "Maybe not time," Garcia interferes. "Both attacks happened during a full moon. Just saying."
       "Coincidence or lunar effect?" Rossi asks.

       Tara scoffs, "Oh, come on. No one really believes the full moon triggers strange and erratic behavior in people." She stated and Garcia begins to speak. "Uh, yes, they... I... I do. I believe that. Yes."

       "Studies, albeit informal, show an increase in suicides, homicides, E.R. visits, psychiatric hospital admissions, traffic accidents, even fights at professional hockey games." Spencer explains and Casey scoffed as she sat up. "Oh, come on. Just because people tell you that full moons are bad omens doesn't mean you have to interpret them in that way. I, for one, think they're good luck."

         "Full moons are good luck?" Emily asks, surprisingly looking towards Casey. "Yeah, the night I got into the academy, there was a full moon. The night I found out I was pregnant with my son, there was a full moon. We shouldn't say full moons are bad just because... science says so. It's like Friday the 13th." Casey never look at the bad omens such as a black cat or a full moon to stand for something bad, she'd turn them into something good.

         "And you don't believe that's bad luck either?" JJ asks and Casey shrugs, "Nope." 

       "You guys, another victim was just found at the park." Garcia spoke up. "Same M.O., same full moon."

      "When we land, Luke, JJ, go to the latest crime scene. Dave, Matt, Casey, see what the M.E. can tell us. The rest of us will set up in the precinct in Central Park." Emily decides.

When they had landed, Casey had gone with Rossi and Matt to the ME's office while the corner discussed what she found. "His throat was ripped out, and he was disemboweled like the others. "The jogger, Mr. Norton, had his carotid artery severed first. He was then eviscerated postmortem." She explained.

"And the victim from last month, uh, Victor Guzman?" Rossi asked. "He was killed the same way." The ME answered. "And what can you tell us about the wounds?" Rossi asks.

"Fatal bite marks indicate they were made by four large, pointed, and extremely sharp teeth, one on each side of the upper and lower jaw next to the incisors." She explained. "Those are especially prominent in dogs." Matt points out and the woman nods, "Yes, they appear canine."

"You know which breed?" Matt asks. "I sent saliva samples out for DNA testing and to check for the rabies virus antigen. That'll tell us." She said.