【Chapter 12】

Bill and I were walking silently through the halls of the sinister elementary school. I could hear a quiet lullaby in the distance. We've been in this trial for 10 minutes already and there have been no generators being done.

I followed Bill into a classroom that looked absolutely destroyed and began to work on a generator. As I worked, I listened to the humming in the distance. It was so enchanting.

"𝘉𝘦 𝘴𝘶𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘧𝘰𝘤𝘶𝘴, 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘴' 𝘭𝘶𝘭𝘭𝘢𝘣𝘺 𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘰𝘰 𝘤𝘢𝘭𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘨." Bill muttered as he worked. I gave him a quick nod as we continued our work.

As I focused, my mind drifted to a couple weeks back, at least it feels like it's been weeks. Time here was strange. Jake and I were closer than we have ever been before after our intimate night together. I hate admitting that he helped me forget my life back at home. I worried less when I was around him. I loved talking to him, for his voice was so soothing.

As my mind wandered, I felt the generator blow up in my face. It ripped me out of my thoughts.

"𝘠/𝘯! 𝘴𝘯𝘢𝘱 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘪𝘵!" Bill yelled angrily yet had a concerned look on his face.

"𝘐'𝘮 𝘴𝘰 𝘴𝘰𝘳𝘳𝘺, 𝘐 𝘥𝘪𝘥𝘯'𝘵 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯 𝘵𝘰 𝘭𝘦𝘵 𝘮𝘺 𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵."

"𝘐𝘵'𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘏𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘴' 𝘓𝘶𝘭𝘭𝘢𝘣𝘺, 𝘬𝘪𝘥, 𝘪𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘥𝘢𝘺𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯, 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘰𝘧𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘰 𝘸𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘶𝘱 𝘢 𝘣𝘪𝘵." He told me as he fixed my mistake and continued working.

I worked with Bill. The lullaby seemed to be getting louder. It was just so calming. The generator popped just in time as a hatchet flew past my head. Blocking the door was a tall woman wearing a rabbit's mask. She aimed another hatchet at me, as Bill dragged me out of the room.

"𝘎𝘦𝘵 𝘮𝘰𝘷𝘪𝘯'! 𝘐'𝘭𝘭 𝘥𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘵 𝘩𝘦𝘳." Bill said as he pushed me to run in a different direction.

I ran, looking back to see the Huntress throw a hatchet at Bill, which nearly hit him. I watched as he dropped a pallet in the hall onto the killer. Looking forward, I could hear a generator being fixed in the room next to me. I entered and could see Meg working on it. I helped her finish, even though she was nearly done.

"𝘠/𝘯, 𝘐 𝘤𝘢𝘯'𝘵 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘋𝘢𝘷𝘪𝘥. 𝘏𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘪𝘯𝘫𝘶𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘢𝘥𝘭𝘺, 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘏𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘩𝘰𝘵 𝘰𝘯 𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘢𝘴𝘴'." Meg said quickly, seeming to panic.

"𝘞𝘦'𝘭𝘭 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘩𝘪𝘮, 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘭𝘦𝘵'𝘴 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘨𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘴 𝘥𝘰𝘯𝘦."

As Meg and I walked together, I could hear the motors of a generator running slowly. I turned the corner and could see a generator. A loud scream was in the distance. I left Meg to do the generator while I ran towards the scream. I heard a yelp as I peeked around the corner. The sky held cages and there were large chains leading to the sky. I see David on a hook, and Bill being picked up by the killer.

I crept my way to David silently, but the killer turned around suddenly and dropped Bill. I screamed as her hatchet struck me before I could get David off of the hook. She came over and picked me up. I could only struggle as I got carried inside. Not before I could witness Bill getting up and taking David off of the hook. Bill was such a strong man.

I felt the dull point of the hook pierce into my skin. I couldn't even scream from the pain. All that escaped when a pained gasp. The killer left me when they heard a generator pop in the distance. I could hear painful moans rounding the corner. David grabbed me by the waist and easily lifted me up and off the hook. Bill met us near a generator where we worked together. No one brought a med kit with them and didn't have enough medical supplies. We would have to hold on till later.

The three of us worked together until we heard Meg scream in the distance. David went to help her as Bill, and I worked silently together. I hissed in pain and grabbed my shoulder. The generator finally popped, and Bill began to mend my wound with whatever supplies he had.

"𝘛𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘺, 𝘬𝘪𝘥."

"𝘉𝘪𝘭𝘭, 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘰..."

Bill ignored me and continued patching me up. The lullaby was getting closer to us. We ran as the killer rounded the corner and hit Bill with a hatchet. He yelled in pain as I ran. A hatchet flew past me as I jumped into a random classroom.

Bill later screamed as he was hooked. The lullaby faded and I took this chance to get him. I helped Bill off of the hook. I pulled bandages out of my pocket, but Bill stopped me.

"𝘒𝘦𝘦𝘱 𝘪𝘵, 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘨𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘵." He said, his hand stopping mine.

The lullaby got closer, causing Bill to shove me in a locker.

"𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘮𝘦 𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘦!" Bill yelled as he ran. I watched through the crack of the locker as the huntress ran after Bill. A generator popped and then another. The gates were powered. I got out of the locker.

I ran as fast as I could to an exit. I didn't know exactly where it would be, so I ran until I found Meg and David. Bill screamed in the distance.

"𝘚𝘩𝘪𝘵, 𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘵... 𝘚𝘩𝘪𝘵!" David muttered as he pulled the lever down, only to be downed by a flying hatchet.

"𝘞𝘌 𝘈𝘙𝘌 𝘌𝘟𝘗𝘖𝘚𝘌𝘋." Meg screamed as she grabbed my hand. Only to be sniped with a hatchet.

The Huntress rounded the corner, only to slice me with her ax. I screamed in pain, as I watched her lift up David and take him away. He screamed and the Huntress came back to get Meg. Hooking her not long after.

I tried crawling away but was picked up by the huntress. I struggled as she carried me outside. Sirens were wailing.

"𝘚𝘵𝘰𝘱! 𝘗𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦!"

I was cut off as I felt the same piercing feeling. I watched as the spider legs pierced my heart. The pain was dreadful. I couldn't wait to be back with Jake again. Hearing his calm voice telling me that it's going to be okay. The pain only lasted a short while. The fog soon cleared my vision. Jake waited happily by the campfire for me.