【Chapter 4】

I woke up with a smile. Thank god this horrible dream is over. Atleast, that's what I wished for. I glanced at Feng's sleeping form. I got up out of the sleeping bag and made my way out of the tent. I stretched and cracked my sore body. I'm not used to the forest floor. I noticed Jake by the fire talking and laughing with a few others.

I make my way over to them. Jake noticed me approaching and smiled. I sat and listened to those around me talking. Feng later joined us, she must have smelled David's cooking. Bill was instructing him on what and what not to do. I'm happy I was able to learn everyone's name.

"𝘔𝘢𝘯, 𝘐 𝘩𝘰𝘱𝘦 𝘐 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘨𝘰 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘴𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘶𝘱𝘪𝘥 𝘒𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵, 𝘵𝘰𝘥𝘢𝘺. 𝘠𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘥𝘢𝘺 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘣𝘳𝘶𝘵𝘢𝘭." I hear Mikaela say aloud. Apparently, this killer liked to camp the hooked survivors. So, it ended up with only one survivor escaping.

Feng was telling me how the different killers work while Jake messed around with a med kit.

Not soon after I felt the familiar mist creep up my leg. Here we go again. I made eye contact with Jake noticing the mist take over him as well. The darkness consumed my vision before clearing out not long after.

....::::**•°✾°•**::::....

I studied my surroundings. I was in the woods, a cabin in the distance and it was raining. It was dark and cold. I heard footsteps behind me, so I whipped around only to come face to face with Jake.

"𝘞𝘰𝘢𝘩, 𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘢𝘭𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵. 𝘐𝘵'𝘴 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘮𝘦. 𝘓𝘦𝘵'𝘴 𝘥𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘦𝘯 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘣𝘪𝘯 𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘴𝘵." he led me inside the cabin and up the stairs. On the open balcony was a generator. We began working on the generator together. I'm glad I wasn't alone. I shivered at the thought of my last trial.

As we were almost done with the generator, I could hear a faint heartbeat. It was my heartbeat... Why was it picking up? I remembered Feng telling me how heartbeats were a warning sign that the killer was close by. It was the entity's way of helping us.

We popped the generator causing the heartbeat to get louder and more rapid. Jake jumped down and motioned for me to follow. I hesitated before I heard loud footsteps behind me. A giant dude wearing a mask and holding a meat cleaver made his way towards me. I jumped down just as he swung at me.

Jake and I ran into the woods hoping to lose the killer. The heartbeats begane to fade and we ran. Another generator popped in the distance. Soon, Jake and I found another generator and began working on it. Halfway through I began to hear heartbeats. I stood up to run, but Jake stayed.

"𝘑𝘢𝘬𝘦, 𝘸𝘦 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘳𝘶𝘯. 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘰𝘯..." I worried as the heart beats started to get louder.

"𝘞𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘪𝘴𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴, 𝘠/𝘯." He replied. The heartbeats got closer, so I ran. "𝘕𝘰! 𝘠/𝘯 𝘸𝘢𝘪𝘵! 𝘐𝘵'𝘴 𝘥𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘴!" He yelled after me.

I ignored him and ran away from the heartbeats. I didn't stop running until I stepped on a bear trap. I screamed as it snapped into my ankle. Tears flowed heavily as I tried to free myself. The heart beats were getting closer.

Jake appeared by me and loosened the trap just enough for me to get my leg out. He then dragged me behind a tree. My back was against his chest as he held a hand over my mouth to keep me quiet. He held me close to him, shushing me softly saying it'll be alright. We watched as the man investigated the trap. Picking it up he walked off towards a generator that popped in the distance.

He let his hand leave my mouth as I cried. It hurt so bad. Jake set me down and laid my leg on his lap as he started to wrap it with the bandage he kept in his pocket. When he was done, he wiped the tears from my face.

"𝘓𝘦𝘵'𝘴 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘨𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘰𝘳. 𝘈𝘯𝘥 𝘣𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘧𝘶𝘭 𝘰𝘧 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘱𝘴." he told me as he helped me stand up.

We worked on the last few generators and worked on unhooking the survivors who got outplayed by the killer. On the last generator, Jake and Elodie were hooked. It was just me and Jill. I left Jill to work on the generator to save the other two. Halfway there I hear her scream. The killer held her over his shoulder then hooked her on the hook nearby. He saw me and made his way after me. I quickly ran to wear I last saw Jake before he got hooked.

The killer caught up to me and swung, hitting me in the back. Adrenaline filled my veins as I sprinted to save him. I have too, I need to help him. I ran as fast as I could till, I came across Jake. Spider arms were trying to stab into him. That must be the entity. I lifted Jake off of the hook. The killer swung and hit me, but I didn't go down. The killer looked at us as we ran to get Elodie and Jill off the hooks. The four of us booked it to the last generator.

The killer stood in our way. A sudden rush hit me again. I rushed right into the killer stunning him. Jake watched amazed. No one has ever done that before. Jill and Elodie were able to finish the generator. The alarms blared and we all ran to an exit gate. Jill pulled the lever down to open the gate.

Heartbeats got closer. The door wasn't even close to being opened. A little voice told me to do it. To get the killer's attention. I ran towards the killer, Jake nearly stopped me, but Elodie held him back. He was injured and on his last hook. I was only injured.

The killer swung but missed as I ran past him. He made his way after me. I really pissed him off.

I heard the door open, but I kept running. the killer hot on my trail. He swung and hit me, knocking me down. He grabbed my hair and pulled me to my feet. He swung and hit me again. I must have made him really mad. He picked me up and threw me onto the hook nearby. He slashed me three more times. I saw spider legs surrounding me. I didn't have time to stop it before I was stabbed in the chest by one of the legs. I choked on my blood as I stared the killer in the eyes. His mask was off, and he was grinning. Satisfied with his kill. The pain was too much to bear. I closed my eyes and let death consume me.

The familiar campfire appeared after the darkness cleared. I felt a pair of strong arms wrap around me and pull me into a hug.

"𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘧𝘶𝘤𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘥𝘪𝘰𝘵! 𝘞𝘩𝘺 𝘸𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘢𝘤𝘳𝘪𝘧𝘪𝘤𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵?" Jake said sternly as he held me in his arms. "𝘋𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘳𝘺 𝘮𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯."

He let go when Feng came over with Jill and Elodie. Feng's expression held worry as she hugged me tightly.

"𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘥𝘪𝘥 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘣𝘳𝘢𝘷𝘦. 𝘛𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘬𝘴 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘳𝘪𝘢𝘭." Jill softly punched me in the arm. Then left with Elodie to talk to the others.

I sat with Feng and told her everything about the trial and she listened with wide eyes. She was so invested.

"𝘖𝘩, 𝘑𝘢𝘬𝘦." He looked in my direction as I spoke. "𝘛𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘬𝘴 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯, 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘨𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘮𝘦 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘱." He smiled and nodded.

I couldn't help but think of how he held me close to him in the trial. How his soft breath hit my bare neck. I shivered at the memory. Why am I thinking about that? I shook whatever thoughts I had in my head and continued my conversation. Unaware of Jake watching my every move with a soft smile. Unaware of the Entity watching us, plotting. 

𝙊𝙝, 𝙝𝙤𝙬 𝙛𝙪𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙬𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙗𝙚.