【Chapter 9】

Waking up, I felt warm. I smiled when I saw Jake peacefully sleeping. His arms still wrapped around me. I nuzzled into his chest and listened to his soft breathing and his delicate heartbeat. I enjoyed the warmth and comfort. I felt Jake shift, his hand went up to my head and played with my hair. Glancing up, I lock eyes with Jake's tired ones.

"𝘎𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨, 𝘥𝘢𝘳𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨." His voice was deeper from waking up.

"𝘎𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨." I murmured back, laying my head back on his chest.

We laid in silence together just enjoying the company of one another. I felt Jake plant a kiss on the top of my head. Smiling, I thought of our moment last night. I wanted him and he wanted me. I never thought I would fall in love in a place like this.

We heard the others began waking up and leaving their tents to start their day. Jake and I let go of one another and sat up. His hair was a mess, probably because of me. I giggled and Jake only grinned, shaking his head.

"𝘐'𝘭𝘭 𝘱𝘢𝘺 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬, 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘢𝘪𝘵, 𝘥𝘰𝘭𝘭." Jake smirked, planting a kiss on my lips then leaving the tent. I followed him out and we made our way over to the campfire.

Feng was talking to Leon, but once she saw us approaching, she hugged the both of us.

"𝘐 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘩𝘰𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘸𝘰." Feng said as she let us go. "𝘐 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘥 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘠/𝘯 𝘥𝘪𝘥𝘯'𝘵 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘵, 𝘴𝘰 𝘐 𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘧 𝘩𝘰𝘱𝘦𝘥 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘺𝘰𝘶." She said, giving me a quick wink and a knowing smirk.

Jake turned a deep red and my face went hot. Feng was too smart. There are no such things as secrets when it comes to her.

The three of us sat together and talked about random things. Feng definitely approved of Jake and me. In fact, she was our number one shipper apparently.

As we talked, I felt the all too familiar cold well up around my legs, creeping up. I was about to go into another trial. Jake noticed this and gave me a quick good luck kiss. I was swarmed by the dark mist.

....::::**•°✾°•**::::....

When the fog cleared, I was in the middle of a street. Houses on each side of me. It seemed like I was in some kind of neighborhood. I realized I was with the other three survivors already. Laurie, Felix and...

"𝘖𝘩 𝘮𝘺 𝘨𝘰𝘥, 𝘍𝘦𝘯𝘨!" I hugged my best friend when I saw her. She immediately hugged back and squealed.

"𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘪𝘴 𝘴𝘰 𝘦𝘹𝘤𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨; 𝘸𝘦 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘶𝘳𝘷𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘰𝘨𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳." She said with a big smile.

I heard Laurie gasp, and I watched as her hands shook. She seemed terrified.

"𝘓𝘢𝘶𝘳𝘪𝘦, 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘨𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘰𝘬𝘢𝘺." Feng said as she held both of her hands in hers.

I watched as Felix gave her a small pat on the back, a comforting smile. He went off to find a generator to work on. Laurie took a deep breath and joined Felix, leaving Feng and I to go find another generator.

"𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵?" I asked as we walked into a house to work on a generator.

"𝘞𝘦𝘭𝘭, 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘪𝘴 𝘢𝘤𝘵𝘶𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘓𝘢𝘶𝘳𝘪𝘦'𝘴 𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘦... 𝘏𝘦𝘳 𝘣𝘳𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘪𝘴 𝘢𝘭𝘴𝘰 𝘢 𝘬𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘳 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸𝘯 𝘢𝘴 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘚𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘦." Feng explained.