【Chapter 2】

I couldn't breathe...

Everything they told me had to be a lie. Kate, the girl with the guitar, gave me a worried look. I could feel my heart rate increase, my lungs felt like someone was squeezing them. I was brought here by something called, The Entity... Why...

I was brought here to be its new toy. Something to entertain the evil thing. I was told there was a thing us "survivors" had to go through constantly. Where a group of four of us would be chosen to play cat and mouse with a killer. No matter what, we would end up back here, by this campfire. Whether we are slaughtered brutally by the killer or if we escape the trial. We are trapped here for all eternity.

I will never be able to see my sister again. Was it even my sister I was following?

I felt a warm hand grasp my shoulder. It was Jake, he handed me his jacket. I looked at him, tears stinging my eyes.

"𝘛𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘸𝘢𝘳𝘮 𝘶𝘱 𝘢 𝘣𝘪𝘵, 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘴𝘩𝘢𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘣𝘢𝘥𝘭𝘺. 𝘐 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘣𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘺 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘤𝘬, 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘮𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘱 𝘺𝘰𝘶."

I took his jacket and tugged it on. The girl with braids, who I learned was Meg, wrapped her arm around me.

"𝘋𝘢𝘳𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨, 𝘸𝘦 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘢𝘴 𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘭. 𝘉𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘥𝘰 𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘳𝘺 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘣𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘳𝘦𝘮𝘢𝘪𝘯 𝘤𝘢𝘭𝘮 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘰𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘴𝘶𝘳𝘷𝘪𝘷𝘢𝘭."

I wiped my eyes and gave Meg a slight nod. They then told me how we will have to fix five generators to power the gate.

Suddenly, four people materialized in front of the campfire. There was a girl in a blue shirt and matching shorts. Her black hair was cut into a bob. A boy who wore a police uniform, another girl with large glasses and black curly hair tied back, and a girl with fiery red curly hair.

"𝘐 𝘩𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘨𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘴𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘴𝘵𝘶𝘱𝘪𝘥 𝘏𝘢𝘨. 𝘏𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘱𝘴 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘴𝘰 𝘢𝘯𝘯𝘰𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨." Blue shirt said, she then noticed me. "𝘏𝘦𝘺! 𝘠𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘯𝘦𝘸! 𝘐'𝘮 𝘍𝘦𝘯𝘨 𝘔𝘪𝘯, 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘴 𝘮𝘦 𝘍𝘦𝘯𝘨." She said as she squeezed in between me and the guy with glasses, Dwight, with a small grin.

Jake introduced the rest that showed up as I scanned my surroundings more. There were multiple tents made of random materials. Feng then tugged on my jacket.

"𝘚𝘰, 𝘑𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘺 𝘪𝘴 𝘢𝘭𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘺 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘮𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘴 𝘰𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶, 𝘩𝘶𝘩?" She smirked playfully.

"𝘖𝘩, 𝘴𝘩𝘶𝘵 𝘶𝘱, 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘤𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘨𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘤𝘬, 𝘍𝘦𝘯𝘨." Jake snapped back, annoyed by her teasing.

All of a sudden, A cold mist wrapped around my legs, slowly inching upwards. I notice Feng frowning next to me.

"𝘐 𝘩𝘰𝘱𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘦𝘹𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘳𝘪𝘢𝘭𝘴 𝘢𝘳𝘦, 𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘯." She said as the mist wrapped around my whole body. It was freezing despite the jacket I wore.

....::::**•°✾°•**::::....

Soon I was consumed by the darkness the mist held. Only to disperse a few seconds later. I wasn't by the campfire, but instead a cornfield. I notice a generator a few feet ahead of me. I decided to make my way towards it, cautious. What the hell do I do here... I stared at the generator hopeless on what to do.

I opened the side of it and saw a mess of wires and random buttons. Taking two wires I began to mess around with the generator until it blew up in my face. I shrieked and covered my face. Frustrated, I felt tears well up and didn't notice the person next to me. Only it wasn't anyone I knew.

"𝘗𝘦𝘦𝘬-𝘢-𝘣𝘰𝘰." A male voice said, it sounded like static, as if it was a voice changer. I screamed as I was slashed at by someone in black robes and a ghost mask. I ran holding my side. I was bleeding very badly. The person chased me while I cried in pain. I was struck in the back causing me to fall face first. I heard the person chuckle as he picked me up.

I struggled while I was getting carried to a hook. I cried more as we got closer to it. The sun beaming off the hook made it look so sinister.

"𝘕𝘰! 𝘗𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦!" I cried.

He then threw me onto the dull hook. I screamed in pain. It hurts... It hurts so bad. I wanted to pass out from the pain. I have no energy to move, I feel so helpless. I choked on my sobs as I lifted my arms to grab the hook I was hanging on. With all my strength I tried pulling myself up and off the hook, only to slip and fall right back on. The pain was so excruciating I couldn't even scream.

A girl wearing a beanie made her way towards me. It was Nea, I remember her just sitting there and listening at the campfire.

"𝘌𝘢𝘴𝘺 𝘨𝘰𝘦𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦." She grabbed me under my shoulders and lifted me off the hook. Nea then grabbed my hand and dragged me away from the hook. My body hurt so bad; I could barely keep up.

"𝘈𝘭𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵, 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘺 𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘭𝘭, 𝘭𝘦𝘵 𝘮𝘦 𝘱𝘢𝘵𝘤𝘩 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘶𝘱 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘲𝘶𝘪𝘤𝘬." She whispered to me while opening up her med-kit. She took out a needle and thread and started stitching my wounds. She then wrapped it with some bandages. She didn't even clean it. Her patching me hurt but not as bad getting stabbed and hooked.

She led me to a generator and started working on it. I stood there cluelessly as she worked.

"𝘑𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘧𝘰𝘭𝘭𝘰𝘸 𝘢𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘨, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘥𝘰 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘵𝘰𝘶𝘤𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘰𝘳 𝘺𝘦𝘭𝘭𝘰𝘸 𝘸𝘪𝘳𝘦 𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘭 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘭𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘯 𝘰𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦." She showed me.

I followed along and messed with the blue and green wires, like Nea. The light turned orange, so she and I switched to the red and yellow wires until the light turned green. The generator popped and the lights above turned on.

We did it! Nea noticed my excitement and smiled. Her smile dropped immediately.

"𝘠/𝘯 𝘳𝘶𝘯!" She dragged me with her. The killer in the ghost mask chased us. I heard two more pops in the distance.

Nea jumped through the barn window. I followed swiftly only to hear something hit the wood behind me. I turned to see the killer pull his knife out of the windowsill. Nea led my into another section in the barn and opened a red locker shoving me inside.

"𝘚𝘵𝘢𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘭 𝘐 𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘥 𝘩𝘪𝘮 𝘢𝘸𝘢𝘺."

She closed the locker and vaulted out another window loudly. I watched through the crack in the locker. Waiting silently, until I saw the black robes pass my vision. They checked a locker next to me then stood in front of mine. I held my breath as I watched his hand move closer to the handle.