An Eye for an Eye

28 May 75PD

Luna lets out a big yawn as she makes her way down the stairs. She grabs the small pile of letters that have been posted through her door, and makes her way out to the patio in her backyard. It's a slightly warmer day at the end of May, and Luna enjoys spending time sitting on the couch in the corner of her porch. From there she can hear the cascading sound of waves breaking against the shore line mixed with birds singing as they soar above the beach which her yard backs onto. The sky is clear, and is currently Luna's favourite colour; a light, pale shade of blue. It is moments like this that the girl is going to miss if she is reaped again. Moments of complete quiet and calm.

As she is reading through her mail, one letter in particular peaks her interest.

My Dearest, Luna.

I know receiving this letter is probably coming as quite the surprise to you, but if I am being entirely honest, I miss you. You made a very big impression on me, Miss Crawford, and I want to see you again.

If you are happy to accept my invitation, please meet me at the train station at 10:30am on 28 May. I want to show you where I grew up. I want us to know everything about each other.

If you do not come, I will not be offended, but I would love to see you again.

~ Z.M.

Zeus Melia's letter has indeed surprised the red head, but she feels rude leaving him waiting, and so, she decides she will go. A quick glance through her window alerts Luna that it is now 9:00am, and so, she has an hour and a half to get ready, and make her way to the train station. So, she does just that. She changes into a pair of black suit trousers, a simple white blouse, and a pair of small, black boat shoes. She ties her hair into a messy bun then makes her way to the train station as stated in the letter. Zeus is standing, waiting for the girl. When he lays eyes on her walking towards him, his entire face lights up. He has grown very fond of the girl, and given their interactions in the Capitol, he's hoping she is fond of him too. "Luna, you look beautiful, as always. Thank you for coming."

Luna greets the man by kissing his right cheek gently and embracing him. "Of course I came, Zeus, I really appreciate your invite. I'm actually quite honoured." She smiles.

"Well after our few interactions in the Capitol, I knew I wanted to see you again. Spending time with you is enjoyable; I never feel like I'm working when I am with you." The man smiles, leading Luna onto the cart and sitting on one of the couches in there.

"I have to admit I am very grateful that President Snow has gotten me involved with more meetings." Luna lies through her teeth. "It's a pleasure to be able to interact with more Gamemakers, especially you."

The pair share a drink, non alcoholic as Luna is trying to stop relying on alcohol, and continue their small talk throughout the journey

As Luna steps off of the train, a bit earlier than she expected, she is greeted by fog. A lot of thick, disorientating fog. She turns to Zeus ready to question him, but he smiles. "Don't worry about this. You get used to the fog, a perk of living in a District so close to the mountains."

"The mou- wait a District?" Luna is taken aback by the man's statement. Mostly because she is breaking the law by being in another District.

"Yes, Luna." The man gently holds her hand. She stiffens for a moment, shocked by the gesture, but not wishing to be rude, she holds his back gently. "I am from District 2, originally. After graduating from the Peacekeeper Academy I moved to the Capitol, upon an invite from President Snow. Whilst there I've learnt the art of the games, and now I'm a Gamemaker."