The Preparation

06 July 70PD

The first day of training. Luna has been provided with a plain black, short sleeved. shirt with '4' embroidered on the right sleeve. Shakily, she makes her way over to the plant identification station. Luna knows she probably won't be able to bring herself to kill animals, so she'll have to rely on plants for food whilst she's still alive. Tapping the screen cautiously, she takes time identifying edible plants, then moves onto poisonous plants both when consumed, and when touched. The young girl takes a mental note of what effects each plant has on the body. If worst comes to worst she can utilise poisonous plants to get rid of some tributes.

After a few minutes, she can feel a pair of eyes burning into the back of her head, she slowly turns and sees the male tribute from 2 staring at her. He's standing at the knife station with a throwing knife in each hand. He chuckles softly, Luna cannot hear it but knows as his shoulders move up and down. He then smirks at the girl and drags one of the knives a few inches in front of his neck, threatening the girl. Luna's face drops and so she quickly turns back to the plants screen and frantically finishes her task before scurrying off to the hand-to-hand combat station.

As she approaches one of the trainers, he eyes her up and down before letting out a chuckle. "Nice of you to finally join in, 4. Knowing poisonous plants will only get you so far."

"Yeah well I won't be any good at this so don't place your bets on me..." the redhead mumbles.

—————

07 July 70PD

On the second day of training Luna works up the courage to train with weapons, not just hand to hand combat. Her and Jonah walk over to the knife station and speak to the designated trainer who agrees to help teach them. Jonah has a fair ability with the knives, at least hitting the target near the ideal spot everytime. Luna, on the other hand, often missed the target, and if she did hit it, it was not in the best spots.

"Oh come on, 4, it's not that hard!" The girl from 1 shouts as Luna is about to throw a knife. This makes her jump and miss the target, which results in the girl from 1 letting out a shrill laugh.

"Leave her alone, save the taunting for the arena, huh?" Jonah sighs.

"Okay. Fine. Speaking of the arena, watch your back in there, boy." The boy from 1 narrows his eyes at Jonah then smirks and pulls his district partner off.

"Ignore them, Luna. You're doing great." The girl's partner gives her a warm smile and holds out another knife for her to try again.

The redhead takes the knife into her hand, and launches it towards the targets. This one actually embeds into the target nicely, and although it's far from perfect, it's a very good attempt by Luna's standards.

Later that day, Luna was excited to show Mags that she had in fact trained with weapons, and although her skills were abysmal at best, she was trying. The older woman was proud, having strongly believed that she would avoid the combat stations at all cost, and helped her work on her knife technique.

—————

08 July 70PD

"District 4, Luna Crawford." A monotone voice announces over the speakers. Luna gives Jonah a quick hug then walks into the training room for her private session. As she reaches the center of the room, she looks up at the fifteen or so older men on the elevated viewing platform.

"Luna Crawford. District 4." She speaks loudly and clearly as Mags has instructed her. Command the room, she thinks, be confident.

The tribute makes her way to the survival skills station and does her absolute best to show off her knowledge there. She then allows herself 30 seconds to address the men once again.