Firsts and Feasts

10 July 71PD

One year. 365 days. 525,600 minutes. 31,536,000 seconds.

It has been an entire year since Luna's games had started, meaning that today is the interviews of the tributes in the 71st games. Besides being a mentor, Luna's responsibilities today include having a Victor's interview with Caesar. One of the questions that is asked to the reigning Victor every year is 'Who do you think is going to win this year?', and every year this usually ups the odds of the person. This year will be different as Luna does not plan on giving a name. Instead, she will be giving a cryptic hint, one that she prays she correct on, otherwise she'll appear more crazy than she is.

As Xaelia finishes zipping Luna into her beautiful, deep blue dress, Mink runs over holding a pair of glittery silver heels.

"I know they're high, but you have had practice walking in them now, and they really bring the outfit together." Xaelia beams, taking them from Mink and holding them out to Luna. The victor laughs softly and takes them from her, sliding the shoes onto her feet.

"It's fine, Xaelia, as you said I have had loads of practice now, I am used to it."

"You know, I am glad that you and Finnick have finally admitted you like one another and got together. The sexual tension between the two of you is killer." The stylist laughs, causing Luna to laugh along with her.

"Yeah well, that is long gone now."

"What!" Xaelia exclaims, shocked by the girl's revelation. Finnick and Luna have not yet told anyone about their... relations... yet, and Luna is an extremely private girl, so this confession is huge.

"Yes, Finnick and I have slept together. We are dating, you could have guessed that." The redhead laughs at her stylist's reaction. "Anyway, I was thinking after Finnick, Mags, and I have taken our Tributes back to their rooms, we could all go out for dinner? We haven't had the chance to catch up in a while, and I thought it would be nice."

"That would actually be lovely." The trio all smile and nod in agreement. "Okay gorgeous, it is time for you to head to the stage."

"Okay, and thank you for giving me a dress this length." Luna gestures to her dress which ends mid-calf, which means there is no chance of her tripping on it.

"After your little trip at that party a few months back, I am never putting you back into a longer dress back on you.

"Thank goodness, because that friend of Snow's still gives me the evil eye every time he sees me." The entire group begins laughing at the memory of Luna spilling an entire cocktail down the man's white and gold suit. They all make their way down to the green room ready for Luna to be called onstage.

They run into Finnick and Mags on the way, who are standing with the tributes from 4.

"What are you four laughing at?" Finnick shoots the group his signature smirk and winks at Luna, causing the girl to blush.

"We were just discussing when our dear Luna tripped and poured that bright blue cocktail down Mr Leven Hemingway." Venus giggles more. Her sentence makes the mentors and tributes laugh too.

"Ah, yes. Coral, Nyle, if you are worried about tanking out there, just remember that your own mentor spilled her drink down one of the most highly viewed Capitol citizens during her victory year. The three of us have prepared you as much as we can and we know you are ready." Finnick speaks to the two 14 year olds standing with him.

"Good luck." Luna hugs them both. "You both look incredible, and have hilarious personalities. They are going to eat you up and love every second you are on stage." Finishing her sentence, Luna releases the pair and heads to the green room with her prep team. Xaelia, Mink, and Venus have been allowed to work with Luna until these games conclude and she is no longer the most recent victor.