Lay All Your Love On Me... Or Not

A/N

Please note that this chapter does contain smut (thank you twobraincellkentwell for writing it)

If you are not over the age of 18 please do not read it.

——————————

15 March 71PD

The echoing sound of Luna's heels tapping against the floor radiates around the marble hallways of the Presidential Palace. Two security guards are currently leading her to President Snow's office, as the man has requested Luna's company for a few weeks. Of course, the few weeks started on Luna's birthday.

It's amusing to the young girl how clean everything is despite being white. They must have cleaners working all day long keeping everything so perfect. The irony, however, is not lost on the girl. A man that causes such mess and chaos has such a clean, precise home.

Without speaking, one of the guards opens the door to President Snow's private office, and steps aside so the young girl can enter. As she crosses the threshold the door is shut behind her, and the elderly man stands to greet her.

"Ah, Miss Crawford. How lovely it is to see you again." He embraces the girl and presses a kiss on her left cheek. "I really must invite you here more often. I do love your company."

Trying not to physically recoil at the man's kiss, Luna forces a smile.

"Truly, Preside-" the girl cuts herself off, remembering his requests, "Coriolanus, the pleasure is mine. Anytime you wish for me to visit the Capitol, I happily will." That's a lie. She would give anything to never have to visit this wretched city again.

"I've invited you here for the next few weeks to introduce you to some of my close friends and colleagues. Not many people get this opportunity, but today I'd like to introduce you to our Gamemakers. They were all moved by the compassion you showed during your time in the arena."

"I'll be meeting the Gamemakers? Well.. thank you, that is such an honour."

"It's no bother, Miss Crawford. Come along, we'll walk there together." The man offers his arm to the girl.

Despite every inch of her being screaming not to, she links arms with the man and allows him to lead her out of the room. They make their way to what Luna can only assume is one of many conference-style rooms within the palace. Congregated in a small group is around 15 men, ranging from being in their 20s, to around President Snow's age.

"Gentlemen, I know you all already know her, but I'd like to formally introduce you to Lucy."

Confusion fills Luna's mind as the man introduces her with the wrong name. Lucy?

"Luna, Sir." She corrects the man, quietly.

He lets out a chuckle and releases the girl's arm. "My apologies, Luna. Anyhow, Luna will be staying here in the Presidential Palace for the next few weeks, so you will all have more than enough time to introduce yourselves and become acquainted."

Luna spends the next few hours speaking with various Gamemakers, all of them starting their discussions with the usual praise of winning the games. The girl can't help but feel an overwhelming sense of impostor syndrome each time one of the men congratulates her, knowing she had no right to win her games.

"You know, when so few Tributes died in the bloodbath, we planned the flood to try and... spice things up... then your District Partner killed that girl and it sent the remaining Tributes into a frenzy. We were so wrapped up in keeping track of deaths that we forgot to cancel the flood. Personally, I'm glad we forgot. That kept you alive." A Gamemaker in his 40s smiles. The tone of his voice is seductive, evidently trying to make a move on the newly 18 year old girl.