Ghostbusting With Kind Words

Start from the beginning

"Now lets get them outta here. We've been here too long and I don't think the dirt lady is going to be too happy with us." He frowned at Piper and shoved her aside, picking up Jason and throwing him over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes.

"I'll carry him back. Let's go" "What about Percy?" Piper asked with a frown, (Y/N) looked over at Percy, "Oh I forgot he was here...I'll carry them both." He began waddling over to Percy, who was still sprawled out and bleeding from the head.

Piper saw a flaw in this wonderful plan. "Eight miles? You're going to carry them both all the way back to the ship. You sure you can manage that?" With a grunt of effort, (Y/N) scooped up Percy. Shuffled both boys on his back and took a deep breath.

"Sure. Eight miles? How many football fields is that? Like...twenty right? Piece of pie. Lets go." Piper sighed, "Can't you just do that magic thing, shadow travel them." He shook his head, "Not while they're hurt, too risky."

"Wait. You were hurt too. What about your wrist?" Piper said, looking down at his hands and seeing no lasting damage to either of them, he seemed stunned by the lack of injury too, "Huh, would you look at that..." He trailed off.

"Oooh. Idea!" (Y/N) took off his belt and tied it to his skateboard, then he threw Percy onto it. "I'm a genius. Lets go!" "That'll take too long, even if we both carry one of them, they need medicine." Piper said. They both pondered a solution for a second.

(Y/N) found one, "Whistle." He said, looking at Piper. "What?" She said in confusion, "Listen I-forget it, just whistle!" It took Piper a few tries, but she eventually let out a half decent whistle. "So it is just me that's cursed..." (Y/N) mumbled.

Behind Percy, something rustled in the wheat. Piper saw the tip of a black wing, behind him, Blackjack emerged from the wheat field, moving with surprising stealth for such a large animal. Tempest was nowhere to be seen. 

The lightning steed had apparently returned to wherever storm spirits live on clear days. Piper checked on Jason. He was breathing steadily, but two knocks on the skull in two days couldn't have been good for him. 

Then she examined Percy's head. his hair was stained with blood and there was a large knot was forming where the skateboard had bounced off his skull.  Before they knew it, a black Pegasus was beside them. "Blackjack buddy, you couldn't do us a favour could you?" (Y/N) asked.

The pegasus looked like it was about to charge him and show (Y/N) what a one horse stampede looked like, until Piper spoke. "We have to get them both back to the ship," she told Blackjack. The pegasus bobbed his head in agreement.

He knelt to the ground, so that Piper and (Y/N) could drape Percy and Jason over his back. After a lot of hard work, unconscious boys were heavy, once they got them reasonably secured, climbed onto Blackjack's back herself, and they took off for the ship.

The others were a little surprised when Piper came back on a pegasus with two unconscious demigods. While Frank and Hazel tended to Blackjack, Annabeth, Zoe, and Leo helped get Piper and the boys to the sickbay.

(Y/N)'s POV

"At this rate, we're going to run out of ambrosia," Coach Hedge grumbled as he tended their wounds. "How come I never get invited on these violent trips?" Piper sat at Jason's side. She herself felt fine after a swig of nectar and some water, but she was still worried about the boys.

As was Zoe. Who cornered (Y/N) the moment he was brought into the sickbay.  "What did you do to him?" She said as she took in Percy's condition, checking that he was breathing and such. He frowned. "Why did you assume it was me?" "Was it?" "Yes. But that's beside the point."