030: Waking up the She-Devil

Start from the beginning

We both know that kind of love, the consuming kind. Being apart aches, being together only means we want to be closer.

"What about you?"

Azarov peers at me, both hands encasing my face and the heat is overwhelming, the love swirling within his eyes is pure ecstasy.

"I love you, angel."

"And I love you."

He kisses my lips once more before going over to the coffee machine and making us two Americanos. Handing me a cup, inhaling the sweet darkness before taking a sip as it chases away my fatigue.

"Diavolo and I have a meeting today, I'm not sure how long we will be."

"It's fine, baby. I wanted some alone time with Cora."

"She's going to love spending the day with you."

~~~

After the little blow out between Diavolo and Isadora, they quickly made up when Corvina appeared. Azarov was right, she was more than ecstatic to spend the day with just the two of us.

After breakfast, we watched some Powerpuff Girls before going to the lounge. We're currently colouring, she gave me a picture of Rapunzel while she does Belle, quite accurately and with the right colors.

"So princess, did you have fun at my uncle's house?"

"You mean the castle? Oh! It was super fun but I missed you and daddy!" she replies instantly, sticking her tongue out a little as she concentrates on her picture.

"We missed you too, my love." Pushing a strand gently behind her ear as I take in how big she is getting.

"Did you miss Dmitri?" I tease.

Those hypnotic grey eyes connect with mine, a blush forming on her cute cheeks. "We facetimed."

I'm momentarily stunned, she actually has a boyfriend and is face timing him.

"Daddy got me an iPad for when he's away. Dmitri uses his mom's." Corvina clarifies as if she can read the questions roaming around in my mind

"Since you guys have been away from each other for so long. Do you want me to set up a play date?"

She pouts sadly, "Daddy won't allow it, he already looks at Dmitri like he wants to kill him..." whispering the last part.

He definitely does.

However, I found them adorable. Dmitri is shy in general but more so around her, you can see that he worships the ground she walks on.

"Don't worry about your dad, I will handle everything."

Corvina jumps into my arms instantly, tightening her grip until I couldn't breathe. "You're the best, Aly!"

We laugh together as I squeeze her gently before getting back to colouring. Since its just the two of us, silence bathes the house unless you are around us.

That's when I hear it.

The lock on the front door, we might be in the lounge but the sound echoes whenever its being opened. You can't hear it from outside but certainly from the inside. It might only have been a second but I heard it clearty. Azarov would have called for us but I knew in my bones it wasn't him. The silence continued. becoming demonic. Someone is here and they are trying their hardest not to make sound.

I don't want to alarm Corvina, slowly getting up from my position and silently moving towards the door. Dropping to the floor as I attempt to peek at the entrance. That's when I spot five men dressed in black suits scanning there surroundings. They talk softly among themselves, pointing upstairs and then nodding. Four go upstairs while one goes down the hall leading to Azarov's office.