do it scared

"Are you guys coming?", I ask my friends at work excitedly on monday. Only four days until I'd play a concert at the Hollywood Bowl. Afterwards, I'd be planning a tour that will start a few days after finishing filming season three. We'd all be back in Los Angeles and the concert hall isn't far away from our apartments so I'm hoping to see a lot of them. 

"We're flying to Miami instead of Los Angeles", Madison admits as she points to her, Jonathan and Carlacia, „Sorry." She gives me an apologizing look but I shrug it off. It's fine. I could have planned this concert earlier. "But you're coming, right?", I ask Austin and Drew hopefully. "We're flying to our families this night. Sorry." "No, it's fine", I reply shrugging, "It's kind of spontaneous anyways." 

I hoped that my friends would join me for my concert but I couldn't expect it. Not if I announce the concert only four weeks earlier. I'm surprised by how quickly we sold the tickets already. About twenty thousand tickets within a week. I am sold out. Crazy. I've never held a concert in America before. I'm so excited to see all the people who comefor my concert.

"Are we ready?", I ask Tom who takes care of the electricity. "As ready as we can be", Tom chuckles tapping my shoulder proudly, "Don't worry. This is going to be great." "Yeah, I just wish my friends would have time to join us", I sigh remembering how each of them told me that they couldn't be here one after another. No one's here. This is about music. It's going to be great. 

"Twenty thousand other people are here for you", he encourages me. "Twenty thousand and one", I suddenly hear a random voice. No way. I look up and see Chase walking up to me. Chase is here. But he's supposed to be with his family. How can he be here? He's supposed to be home with his family. 

"No way", I gasp, "This can't be you." "Of course it's me, Sarah. How could I miss this?", Chase chuckles and hugs me tightly, "We're here. Drew, Odessa, Austin and Loren are in the back with me but I needed to say hello before you start. Wouldn't want you to start a concert sadly." "I'm so glad that you're here", I whisper against his check and suppress a tear. Crazy.

Crazy is also the right word for this concert. It's crazy how many people came here from all over the world to watch me sing and dance. We've had a great party as well.. still having some drinks after Drew and Austin have left.

"Tell me, what's up in your overthinking head?", Drew asks me when our stylists have left for a moment to get something to drink. I give him a confused look. "God, you behave weirdly." "I don't." "You didn't even say good morning to Chase which you always do. Something's happened." "Nope. I was just tired this morning." "Sarah-" 

"We kissed, okay? No, okay, actually, more happened", I admit weirdly. "When?", Drew asks me not really looking surprised. "After my concert in LA. Why do you look like you already knew it?", I wonder. "It's been quite obvious. I knew you guys would be together soon."

After Drew and I have been talking about Chase and I, I began to wonder what's happened between us. Chase and I got close, really close. We both seemed to enjoy it but we haven't talked about it. I'm afraid of what might happen. Things were easy with Rudy. I wasn't as known as today when Rudy and I got together. 

No one really knew us here in America before outer banks. We were free. Especially the covid season was hard but it gave us the opportunity to see how our relationship is like when we're so close to each other so early. But Chase and I.. fans have been spreading so many rumors, we don't really have a chance in their eyes. It's way harder to be with Chase right now. It's all about time.

"What's happened between Madi and you earlier?", I ask Chase when we're alone. They seemed to have had a serious conversation which confused me as they haven't been talking to each other a lot. "She's asked me about you", Chase smiles at me softly, "I know you'd like to deny what's going on because you're afraid of what others might say but our friends already notice this." 

Chase points between him and I. I mean.. he gets me. He knows what I think without speaking it out loud. I feel understood being with him. "Have I told you that I hate how well you know me?" "I've got a feeling that you feel a lot differently since that night", Chase chuckles and takes my hand to entangle our fingers. "You're right, Chase..", I admit sighing, "I.. I can't deny it. You're right about it all and I.. I'm just afraid, that's all. You know what they've been saying about us and-" 

"And others have been hoping that we'd be together someday. I knew you'd be too worried about it so I needed some good examples for why we should be together", Chase tells me and takes out his phone to show me what he's found, "Look, sashastarkey1 says she'd be so happy about it because we portray real love and maddiebabe wrote about us having finally found our significant other." 

"Okay, okay, I get it", I chuckle after he's shown me the fifth comment, "I'm in." "You're in? That's how people do this today?" "That's how we do it today", I decide and take his hand again smiling. "I'm in", he repeats my words smiling.

"Okay guys, you can't tell me you're not dating", Odessa gasps behind us peaking her head to the front, when Chase nudges me. I chuckle lightly knowing that we couldn't hide it in front of her but it was interesting to see how long we could play this game. "God, Sarah! You said you would never fall for Chase", she complains. 

"It's not like we wanted to hide it. I just.. I was afraid of the media ripping us apart but Chase convinced me to tell everyone step by step. So congrats, after you being away for long, we could finally tell you." "Does Rudy know about this?" 

"Yes, of course", I nod, "We've told the team as soon as we knew it. Rudy needed some time to understand it but Madi has been fine with this from the beginning." "I've told you, everyone could see it", Chase smiles giving me a kiss on my cheek. He's right. I'm damn glad that he's right. 

___________

hey, guys! so this is the end of my story. Thank you all for reading and supporting this book. I hope you've enjoyed joining their story. xx