new situation

"That was quick for a girl", Rudy chuckles when I come back from the toilets and he takes me into his arms and gives me a quick kiss, "Are you okay?" "I'm fine", I nod and see Chase looking at me worriedly so I tell Rudy that I would talk to Chase. "What did she do now?", he immediately asks. "Talked some shit.. as always." "Hug or song?", Chase offers me smiling. "Both?" "Good choice", Chase chuckles, hugs me first and then we go to the bar to sing the next song together to forget about the past minutes. 

"Oh shit", I hear Chase mumbling as soon as we leave the stage. "What-", I begin to ask him but I see what he's talking about when I turn to the left. Elaine and Rudy are talking. Not only talking. They're clearly flirting. 

This time, I won't leave the bar and stop talking to them. I won't let her win. I instantly step towards the two of them and confront them. "Having fun the two of you?", I snap at them with a faked smile, "You could have just told me that none of you knows what pride and honesty is about." 

"Sarah", Rudy immediately tries to calm me down, "I'm sorry, I.. I didn't mean to.. talk to her that long." "Could you like.. leave?", I smile at Elaine evily playing cool, "I would like to spend time with my boyfriend." She scoffs not understanding that I act like this but finally leaves us alone. 

"I'm sorry, Sarah. Elaine came-" "Why? Don't act like I'm dumb, I've seen that you were flirting with her as well. So tell me why." "It's stupid, I know. Maddie and I were talking earlier.. it looked like you were flirting with Chase and the other way round." "That's why go and flirt with Elaine? Chase and I didn't even flirt, we were helping each other out and we had fun." „I know.. Sarah, please." „We were just getting back together, Rudy. I don't know if we can do this anymore." 

"No, no, Sarah, please", Rudy quickly begs me but before I can reply anything to him, Chase intervenes. "Guys, you should know something. I overheard Maddie and Elaine talking about how Maddie told her to flirt with you, man. She was jealous that Sarah and I were having fun like we did." "Wow, we're enjoying our evening and get jealous partners for that", I mumble annoyed and shake my head ready to leave. "Wait, Sarah-" "Give her some time, Rudy. You're not going to sort this out tonight", Chase stops Rudy from following me so I can get home.

"Good morning", Rudy greets me shyly in the morning when I enter the kitchen. "You're up early", I comment as it's only seven in the morning and I heard him coming back at around two in the morning. "I didn't sleep at all." 

I simply nod as I don't even know what else I should say. "I'm sorry, Sarah. You were right. It was wrong of me to believe that you and Chase would be flirting with each other and especially to talk to Elaine like I did.. I didn't mean to reply to her flirting with me." "Okay, thank you", I reply and nod slowly. 

"Are you going to forgive me?" "Rudy.. I would like to or actually yes, I forgive you. But I'm worrying that if people can already make us have a discussion at the beginning of our relationship, how is this going to work?" 

"No, Sarah. Please don't be sceptical", Rudy begs me quickly and stands up to come closer to me. Rudy gives me a sad look but lifts my chin with his right hand so I have to look him in the eyes. "This won't happen again. We're going to be strong together." "Are you sure?" "As sure as I can be."

Rudy and I have really been strong together, especially when we were locked up due to the pandemic. I had actually planned to visit my family soon and suddenly we're not even able to leave the house to meet friends anymore. At least it was announced early enough so we were able to choose that we could spend this time together. Jonathan and Madi decided to spend the time with their families but Maddie and Chase came over to our appartment to join Drew, Austin, Rudy and I. Well, Drew and Austin were making jokes about how it'll be annoying to stay with two couples but they seem to enjoy it.

"Are you thinking about your family?", Rudy asks me with a soft voice as I lay in bed doing nothing but looking at the ceiling. "About my family, this new situation being locked up and you." "About me? Do you think about me often?", Rudy jokes sitting down with me. 

"Sometimes", I reply chuckling and rest my head in his chest, "I was wondering when I might be able to visit my family. The situation is getting better but we can still not leave the country easily." "Come on, let's go through our options and choose one. It might not be perfect especially with quarantine but you haven't seen them in so long. You should be able to spend time with your family as soon as possible." 

"What about you? When do you plan to go back to Alaska?" "I thought when I go back to Alaska.. it'd be with you", Rudy shyly suggests and I immediately grin. "With me huh?" "I want my family to get to know you and the other way around. And if you would want me to come with you to visit your family as well, I wouldn't say no", Rudy continues shyly and chuckles so I quickly grab his neck to kiss him. "I love that idea."