bonfire

"I tell you already, I'm the best of the worst cooks so don't count on me", I tell them as Austin, Rudy and I enter the kitchen where everyone's looking for food. "I could make some noodles with tomato sauce", Rudy suggests looking into the fridge, "Looks like that's all we got right now."

"Why don't you and Sarah go to the grocery shop and I'll make dinner", Chase replies, "You're the cook here so you could decide what to buy for the next days." "Also fine with me. Then let's go?", Rudy looks at me and I nod.

"What's your favorite dish?", Rudy asks me when we enter the shop, "I'm quite a good cook, I could make whatever you want." I blush trying to ignore this feeling that is building up inside of me, "Actually, I'm quite boring. I love any dish if it involves vegetables. My favorite might be a good classic curry." "I could make that. You're going to have the most delicious curry you've ever eaten."

"Are you really such a good cook?", I grin not knowing whether or not he was just joking or being honest, "My dad used to say he makes the best of the worst coffees and coffee is what he makes best so I'm not having any expectations." "I would have actually qualified to become a cook if I hadn't gone to California to become an actor."

"Oh really? I like that. What's your favorite dish then?" "Probably a really good burger with some special fries." "That's always a good option." "Let's buy enough for curry and burger then, should we? We could eat that tomorrow and have selfmade pizza on Sunday before we drive back home?" "Great idea. And some snacks for today", I add already grabbing some chocolate bars.

"Hey, can I ask you something?", Rudy turns to me as much as possible regarding the fact that we're sitting in the car right now. "Sure, anything." "Why do you stay in a room with Austin?" "We get along easily, I mean we all do. It's just-" "We could have-", Rudy begins softly but stops himself.

"I know", I sigh, "My first thought was to ask you but I just said Austin's name. I don't know why but I think that I was afraid of what the others might think and if someone else who is not close to us or the media finds out about it-"

"Yeah, the media is quick to talk about more", Rudy agrees and nods. "They were already talking about Austin and I just because him, Drew and I live together now", I explain and roll my eyes. "But there's no reason to talk about him and you already?" "Not yet", I joke and we laugh, before he changes the topic and we talk about soccer.

The others have already finished cooking for this dinner when we arrive. "You brought chocolate!", Madelyn calls happily and hugs me as soon as I enter the kitchen and Rudy lays the food on the table so we can put it in the right places. "Of course, I knew we would need some sweet stuff", I laugh hugging her back. 

"Aren't we sweet enough already?", Chase comes to us and pricks my sides in a friendly way. "You, Chase Stokes, are especially sweet", I joke back. "What about me? I'm way better", Austin joins us and lays his arm around my shoulder in a friendly way. "You, Austin North", I emphasize looking at him, „Are blonde and blondes are not my type. So no, Chase is cuter." "Yes, tell him!", Chase yells as if he won an important prize.

"So, no blondes?", Madelyn asks me as she walks by and gives me a certain look for which I furl my eyebrows, "Just saying, you might make a good choice." "Oh, Maddie", I laugh knowing that she's thinking about making me go out with someone and I immediately shake my head, "Not me."

"I've got an idea", Madelyn starts when he sat around the bonfire on the outside, "Everyone tells the others a secret or about one personal thing. It will build up trust between us and make our friendship stronger."

"We could also ask each other questions if that makes it easier", Chase adds, "I can start. Well uhm.. I don't even have a special secret but the thing that hurt me the most until now was that my girlfriend and I split after seven years because she moved away and we couldn't manage a distant-relationship."

"It's quite equal for me. Well, with the exception that my ex-girlfriend and I fought a lot and lived together until I moved here and now I'm actually glad that we don't spend that much time anymore", Rudy adds so I look at him thoughtfully. 

He didn't look sad about it compared to Sarah and I when we're about our past. I wonder who broke up if it was Rudy or his ex-girlfriend and why they fought. But why do I even think about it? It's not my business. Well, he's my boyfriend on-screen so.. no, that's not why I want to know more. I'm just curious as we are going to spend a lot of time together.

"Sarah, it's your turn", Madi smiles at me when I realize that I've been was mooning instead of looking around. "Uh.. Well, you might already know this. At least the media has spread a lot of rumors about it. I.. my ex-boyfriend asked me to become his fiancé and invited all of his friends but none of mine and told me they would ruin the athmosphere and I broke up with him the moment he showed me the house he had bought for us. Sorry, I'm not speaking clearly. What I mean is that-"

"You don't have to tell us the whole story.. yet", Austin calms me down as he lays his arm around my shoulder and gives me a light smile. 

I already feel more comfortable and let my head rest on his shoulder. What surprised me the most was that these people do not only understand me without even knowing me for a long time, but they don't make me feel like it's wrong if I don't tell them everything that has happened. They accept me for who I am and don't put any pressure on me.

"Yeah, you don't even have to tell us anything", Madelyn nods. "It's just.. I haven't told anyone that I actually feel guilty for it. It feels different to talk about it." "Different in a good way?", Chase asks me slowly and I nod. "In a really good way", I assure them and look at Austin, "It's your turn."

"Hey, Sarah?", Austin asks when we lay in bed two hours later and talk to each other. We've made ourselves comfortable by filling the bed with lots of pillows. "Yeah?" "Are you alright? I was worried about you when you told us about your relationship earlier. You shouldn't feel guilty for anything." "I'm doing fine", I admit, "I do feel guilty for hurting him and our friends by breaking up and moving away. But I'm feeling a lot better as it is right now." 

"Good. And you know we're always here for you", he reassures me and gives me a sign that I should lay myself closer to him. I do as he says and lay my head on his chest as Austin lays his arms around me. "I'm also here for each of you."