water battle

"Yo, guys, get up!" "What the hell, Drew", Austin mutters sleepily after Drew just stormed into our room. "Yeah, what the hell, guys", Drew replies surprised so I open my eyes and see him closing the door behind himself, "What's going on between you two?"

I lift my head from Austin's chest and we look at each other confused but smile at each other. Confused because of Drew. Just because we lay here together doesn't mean we're dating automatically. We just enjoyed our conversation and the time together.

"Nothing, bro", Austin answers truthfully and I have to admit, his raspy voice in the morning sounds hot. "Yeah, no need to freak out", I laugh about Drew's reaction. "I was shocked okay", Drew explains, "I live with you guys so I really don't want to find you guys naked in the living room or so."

"Drew, we were cuddling. Nothing more, nothing less", I reassure him, "Don't worry about anything more than that. Plus, you just stormed in our bedroom, boy." "Yeah, sorry about that. I didn't know that I would interrupt you doing something", Drew mocks us, "Breakfast is ready. Madi's made pancakes for everyone."

"We'll need ten minutes then we're coming to you guys", Austin jokes and I laugh while Drew sighs about us making fun of him now so he quickly leaves the room again. "So?", Austin grins at me, "Are ten minutes enough or-" "Don't even think about it", I laugh and stand up to grab my clothes and go to the bathroom.

"Wonderful good morning, Sarah", Chase greets me as soon as I enter the kitchen with a smile, "I'm surprised that you would scare Drew like that. You know you could have hung a sock on your door knob." "Ha ha", I reply dryly and hit Drew's arm lightly, "Nothing happened, we were just talking."

"You had your head on his chest while you were sleeping", Drew mocks me again. "Really? Austin and you would actually be really cute", Elaine helps Drew making me groan. "Seriously, guys, there's nothing going on. We were just talking as friends", Austin helps me as he enters the kitchen as well. 

I take a look at Rudy to see what he thinks about it and notice him glaring at Austin first and then at me. Our eyes meet and I feel the need to make sure that he knows that there's nothing going on so I instinctively bite my lip shyly. I should definitely take time and talk to him alone.

"Leave the two alone", Madi helps us flashing me a smile, "It's not like Mady and Chase were cuddling as well." "I see, this is going to be a lot of fun", Jonathan chuckles as he's not one of those people we are talking about now. "What's the plan for today?", I change the topic.

"There's a fun fair near the beach", Elaine suggests and we all agree, "Great then let's have some lunch and then get ready for the fun fair." "Sounds like a plan", Rudy nods, "And tonight we can come back and watch a movie or play some games."

As Rudy has already made lunch, I decided to help him cleaning the dishes. I am cleaning the dishes in the water and he's drying it with a towel so we're quicker. "So what was that about in the morning?", Rudy asks me as I hand him a fork. "What do you mean?"

"You and Austin. I thought you don't like blondes", he reminds me of what I've said yesterday to Chase and Austin. There's a hint of huffiness in his voice. "That was a joke, you know", I make clear bluntly, "Did you think I was serious?" "I actually did, yeah", Rudy chuckles nervously causing me to shake my head. 

"You're an idiot if you think I would choose a guy for his hair color. Plus, I like you and you're blonde so it must have been a lie of me to say something else yesterday." "So you like me, huh?" "Like as in like", I emphasize trying to sounds serious. 

I have to admit, he's hot, really hot. That doesn't mean that I like him more than a friend at the moment, but if I would fall in love someday again, he wouldn't be my last choice. Definitely not. 

"And Austin?" "We were just cuddling, also as friends." "And me? You haven't cuddled with me", Rudy pretends to be sad so I hug him from the side but he takes some water and splashes it into my direction. "Rudy!", I laugh, „You're going to pay for that." 

So I do the same, splashing water against him which causes us to have a watter battle which soon turns into a fight for the towel to get ourselves clean. Right now, Rudy's having the towel and due to our height difference, he's able to lift the towel without me being able to take it so I try to jump up and take it while holding one hand on his chest. When I land on my feet again, I slightly slip and grab his arm and he reacts quickly grabbing my waist to hold me from falling down. 

My heart beats faster and faster as I realize the way we stand here. Both of us are wet wearing white shirts. I can see his upper body through his shirt and he's probably able to see me like that as well thought we're concentrating on looking each other in the eyes. Those blue ocean eyes.. his grip still around me.. Not falling for someone would be way harder than I expected. Not falling for Rudy might be even impossible. 

Shit, what am I doing? Why can't I just turn around but instead stare into his eyes? Why can't he let go of me? Shit. Whenever I'm afraid of doing something stupid, I do something stupid. In this case this means instead of kissing him, which would be something stupid as I don't want to end up falling for him, I do what I always do when I'm nervous. I interrupt the situation like an idiot.

"Now we don't even have to go for a swim anymore", I try to act funny but inside of me, I slap myself for saying something that stupid. But it makes it easier for me to let go of Rudy. "One more advantage", he replies biting his lip as he doesn't continues looking at me. 

"Are you-", Madelyn enters the kitchen but stops as she sees what we look like, „You're all wet." "Rudy's fault." "Sarah's fault." Both of us blame the other one making us laugh once more. "Sorry, Mady. We're going to clean this up and then get ready." "Sure. Drew, JD and Madi are not ready as well. Austin, Chase, Lilah, Elaine and I are so we would drive to the fun fair now and wait for you guys at the parking lot." "Perfect."