different statements

"So you broke up yesterday and he thinks it's because of me?", Chase asks me as we're walking onto our set for today. Rudy and Madison are already filming so I couldn't talk to Rudy before. I would have loved to talk to him about our work. No matter what has happened between us, it should never affect our friends and staff members. 

"I don't know if that's what he really believes or if he said this in the heat of the moment. When I called him earlier, he didn't pick up." "Yeah, I've heard he slept over at Elaine's and Maddie's. He's got no other place to be." 

"He could have stayed here of course. I've told him that it's not about him. I think Rudy needs some to understand my reasons", I sigh hoping that he's fine, "I'm really afraid of seeing him." "Of what exactly?", Chase asks interested. 

"Just how he'd be feeling.. if he's sad or angry. I can't imagine him being completely fine after his reaction yesterday", I admit wondering how Rudy is doing right now. He's probably still filming with Madison. "Yeah.. no", Chase furls his eyebrows when he checks his phone so I do the same. Okay, that's interesting.. He's already made a post about our breakup.

"Most of you guys have already been wondering what's happening in my life right now as I've been silent for a few weeks. I used to be on a lot of vacations with Sarah but unfortunately, we're not together anymore. It might take us some time to reflect some decisions but until then, I'm still the Rudy you know. Still keeping it real with you guys."

"I can't believe him", I gasp feeling the sudden need to throw my phone against a wall. "What did he say?", Chase asked alarmed. "It's not that bad actually, it's just.. I think we should have talked about it first.. about yesterday, how we feel, how we'd tell our fans. It's so much more than a classic breakup", I sigh heavily. 

Chase and I know what I'm talking about. The last time that I broke up with someone, the media was all over me. Paparazzis even followed me. This time, I hoped that Rudy and I could talk about it clearly first and then decide how to tell everyone. "You're afraid of what the others say, hm?", Chase concludes knowing he's been in the same situation before. 

With the difference that Madelyn and him managed to solve their issues privately. Before I could reply, Tami the first security employee greets us friendly. "How are you doing, Sarah?", She asks me knowingly. I realise that I feel fine with her asking. She cares about me. It's not about me being the problematic part. 

"I'm fine, thank you, Tami", I smile back at her as we proceed the check in to get to the set. A set needs a lot more safety instruction than I've expected before becoming an actress. "You need to talk to me about it", Madison is the first one to crush into me as Chase and I enter the area where we spend most of our time. 

"Let her arrive first", Chase chuckles and points to Jonas telling me that he'd talk to him. "Rudy said you were all over Chase", Maddie gasps, "How? When? I mean I could've seen it coming but-" "Maddie", I exclaim surprised but hug her first behaving normally, "I'm not all over Chase. I broke up with Rudy because it didn't fit anymore. Chase and I are only friends." 

"I know, I'm sorry. It's just.. Rudy was so convinced and I began to wonder what if-" "Seriously, nothing. I just noticed that it didn't work out with Rudy", I explain once more and smile when she nods understanding. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to attack you verbally", Maddie quickly apologizes but I shake my head. 

"It's completely fine, Maddie. I know taht Rudy is very disappointed and I expected him to talk to you guys. I just didn't think he'd continue believing that it's about Chase. We were only sitting on the balcony yesterday evening before Rudy came back home." "Actually.. what happened? How'd you break up?" 

"I was kind of thinking about it before but I wanted to give us a real chance before deciding something so I was talking to Rudy about a week ago. I told him that I felt weird knowing that I made myself prefer him over my parents which isn't his fault at all but mine. I've asked him for understanding me if I'd focused more on myself for example I canceled my plans to visit his family in Alaska and instead visit my own family soon. He wasn't amused but he also understood me so we kept going." 

"What made you change your mind?", Maddie asks worriedly. I think back for a moment. Grandma died. I need to take some time to myself. I could actually need a day off or at least use my free time to just calm down, be distant from anything happening in my life. I should do that as soon as I get home. 

"My grandma died and I needed someone to talk to but Rudy was out with friends. When I knew that Rudy wouldn't call me back anytime soon, I've asked Chase to come around and he did. He told me that Rudy lied to me about whom exactly he was out with because Elaine was there as well. It's not a simple reason to break up, it's just the situation in general, you know? I need to take care of myself first before being with someone else. It just didn't fit anymore." 

"I know what you mean", Maddie nods smiling at me warmly, "And I'm so sorry about your grandma. I hope you know that you can call me whenever. I'm here, Sarah." "I know, Mads", I smile back at her, "I'm doing fine I guess. I know what went wrong and I begin to change and heal so now I'm glad about this in the first place. I just hope that Rudy gets over it soon and everything will be fine." 

"Hey, Sarah", Jonathan joins us and turns to me to give me a tight hug, "Drew told me what happened and I'm sorry. But I'm also glad that you are feeling better now." "Thanks, J", I reply thankfully and talk to them for a bit longer but go over to Drew afterwards. "Thanks for supporting me", I thank him honestly. I expected these conversations to be a little harder but thanks to Drew, it's fine. "Anytime, S."