022 ; happy audition day (pt. 1)

✧・゚: *김선우 + 박성훈✧・゚:*

Sunoo woke up bright and early on a day unlike any other.

Today was audition day, and audition days were practically like birthdays for him.. just without the cake. In order to make a good impression on Mrs. Winifred, the theatre director, he'd curled his hair to perfection and put on his best outfit. Everybody knew how Kim Sunoo was when it came to audition days, especially his mother.

She'd taken a photo of him to look back on each time he auditioned for a play starting from the time he was six years old, auditioning for a role in Annie. It was like a good luck charm of sorts. If they'd taken a photo then he was garunteed success. Sunoo himself wasn't the only reason he was such a theatre nerd, it was his mother who encouraged him the most. Making his costumes from scratch and going over lines with him.

She loved watching her son shine on stage so much that she was devastated when he quit.. which is why this Romeo and Juliet audition will make or break Sunoos future career in acting. Sunoo looked at himself in the mirror, struggling to cuff his sleves together when his mother knocked on the bathroom door softly and invited herself in.

Her face formed into a warm smile "You look so handsome! Here let me." She said, taking her sons wrist into her hand. Sunoo thought that he was excited to audition but his mother was quite literally over the moon. The last time she was this happy was when Bad Girls Club first aired... which was in 2006.

"Thanks mom" He grinned back at her.

Mrs. Lee-Kim cuffed the boys sleeves then fixed his hair in the front. "You're gonna do great today, I'm sure of it. Remember if you need me to come down there and talk to the staff I will-"

Sunoo shook his head faster than he could blink- giving his mom a deadpan look, knowing how she gets. "Mom, I do not need you meddling okay?" He said. If she were to come down to his school he could go ahead and kiss his nonexistent high school reputation goodbye. His mother wasn't a certified Karen, but when she wants too she can turn a whole insitution upside down real quick, especially when it comes to her son.

Mrs. Lee-Kim sighed, knowing her son was right. "I know.. it's just it's been so long since you've done you're theatre stuff y'know? Is it so wrong for a mom to want her son to dominate in everything he does?" She placed a gentle kiss on the top of Sunoos head, patting his shoulders.

"Yes, that's called tiger parenting."

The woman scoffed, hitting her son upside the head. "Didn't know I raised such a smart-ass." She remarked making Sunoo snicker.

"I'm iust how you intended me to be, exactly like you." Sunoo added on insult to injury, his mother simply rolled her eyes as she walked out the bathroom.

"You are my son that's for sure.. now hurry up! I wanna take some pictures before you leave."

Sunoo did the finishing touches on his look, welcoming all of today with good vibes and positivity. Nothing was gonna bring him down from his high.. not even the fact that he spent all last night looking up on google search engine: "What does it mean when you hate somebody but you wouldn't mind if the two of you kissed?"

and-

"Rats appearing in your dreams.. what does it mean?"

The boy hadn't even told anybody yet what had happened, not even Jungwon. Telling Jungwon he had a freaky dream is one thing... but telling him he was inches away from acting out said freaky dream is another. If he told him he went to Park Sunghoons house on an act of impulsivity he'd never hear the end of it from Yang Jungwon.